Long may refer to:
- Length, the long dimension of any object
- Lóng, the Chinese dragon
- Long (surname), a common surname
- Long (finance), a position in finance, especially stock markets
- Long (Bloody Roar), a fictional character in the video-game series Bloody Roar
- Long integer, a computer data type denoted by long in many programming languages
- Long, a fielding term in cricket
- In geography
- Long, People's Republic of China, Gansu Province
- The Yangtze River of China, known in Chinese as Changjiang (literally, "Long River")
- The Long River, or Longjiang (literally, "Dragong River"), one of several rivers in China
- Long District, Phrae, Thailand
- Longitude (Long.), a geographic coordinate
Other articles related to "long":
... German alphabet, ß (Unicode U+00DF) is a consonant letter that evolved as a ligature of "long s and z" (ſz) and "long s over round s" (ſs) ... In standard spelling, it is only used after long vowels and diphthongs, while ss is written after short vowels ... Even though long s (ſ) has otherwise disappeared from German orthography, ß is still used as a ligature and is replaced by 'SS' or 'SZ' in capitalized spelling ...
... face, male members of most Hasidic groups wear long, uncut sideburns called payot (Ashkenazi Hebrew peyos, Yiddish peyes) ... Not every Hasidic group requires long peyos, and not all Jewish men with peyos are Hasidic, but all groups discourage the shaving of one's beard ... Until then, Hasidic boys have long hair ...
... may not apply to the current situation) Immediate interest, which may override long-term interests Basic values may require or prohibit certain actions even ...
... Coat long, coarse mostly brown and buff colored on the upper part of the body with some black along the backs ... Muzzle long nose pad wide and black ears rufous legs long tail long, bushy, black tipped ...
... Kondratiev waves (also called supercycles, great surges, long waves, K-waves or the long economic cycle) are described as sinusoidal-like cycles in the modern capitalist world economy ... Unlike the short-term business cycle, the long wave of this theory is not accepted by current mainstream economics ...
Famous quotes containing the word long:
“The mad girl with the staring eyes and long white fingers
Hooked in the stones of the wall,”
—Robinson Jeffers (18871962)
“When ... did the word temperament come into fashion with us?... whatever it stands for, it long since became a great social asset for women, and a great social excuse for men. Perhaps it came in when we discovered that artists were human beings.”
—Katharine Fullerton Gerould (18791944)
“As long as fathers rule but do not nurture, as long as mothers nurture but do not rule, the conditions favoring the development of father-daughter incest will prevail.”
—Judith Lewis Herman (b. 1942)