Little Linford is a village in the Borough of Milton Keynes and ceremonial county of Buckinghamshire, England. It is about a mile west of Newport Pagnell, near the M1 motorway. Unlike its neighbour and namesake Great Linford it has yet to be joined up with Milton Keynes.
Little Linford was initially a hamlet in the manor and ecclesiastical parish of Linford. The parish church is dedicated to St Leonard.
The traditional parish name 'Linford' is an Old English language word that means 'ford where maple trees grow'. In the Domesday Book of 1086 the village was recorded as Linforde. The prefix 'Little' was added to distinguish it from Great Linford.
Other articles related to "little linford, linford":
... Linford Wood is now owned by BBOWT ... Today it is one of the best habitats for dormice, which were transferred to Linford Wood from Kent when the Channel rail link was constructed ...