Volume Seven (2008)
This series continues the theme of alternatives for three recent Marvel events along with two around a classic event. The New Fantastic Four story was a sequel to the one-shot What If? released previously, seeing Iron Man replace Ghost Rider in an alternate take on the Infinity Gauntlet storyline. However, this series also features a storyline featuring the Runaways that runs though all five comics. This series was released between December 2008 and January 2009.
- What If House of M - What if the Scarlet Witch had said 'No More Powers' instead of 'No More Mutants'?
- What If Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America - What if Iron Man had been killed instead of Captain America?
- What If Newer Fantastic Four - What if the New Fantastic Four had battled Thanos?
- What If Spider-Man: Back in Black - What if Mary Jane had been shot instead of Aunt May?
- What If Secret Wars - What if Doctor Doom had kept the Beyonder's power?
- What If Runaways - What if the Runaways had become the Young Avengers? (Runs though all five above issues)
The seventh series was later collected into a trade paperback entitled "What If?: Secret Wars" featuring the cover from the Secret Wars one-shot.
Read more about this topic: List Of What If Issues
Famous quotes containing the word volume:
“F.R. Leaviss eat up your broccoli approach to fiction emphasises this junkfood/wholefood dichotomy. If reading a novelfor the eighteenth century reader, the most frivolous of diversionsdid not, by the middle of the twentieth century, make you a better person in some way, then you might as well flush the offending volume down the toilet, which was by far the best place for the undigested excreta of dubious nourishment.”
—Angela Carter (19401992)