- Rulon Gardner-Olympic Gold Medalist at 2000 Summer Olympic Games
- Vanessa Meloche – Canadian gymnast
- Louise Pound (1892, MA 1895) – first woman elected to the Nebraska Sports Hall of Fame; in 1955 she became the first woman president of the Modern Language Association; sister of Roscoe Pound.
- Priscilla Lopes-Schliep (2006) – winner of the bronze medal for Women's 100m Hurdles in the Beijing Olympics in 2008; she became the first Canadian to win a medal in 12 years.
- Matt Lindland, MMA fighter and politician
- Charles E. Greene, Olympic Gold Medalist in 1968 4 x 100 Relay. Held World Record in the 100 yard dash @ 9.1 sec. NCAA sprint champion, 1965-67.
Jordan Burroughs- Olympic Gold Medalist in wrestling at the 74 kg Freestyle Division at the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London.
Other articles related to "other sports, sports":
... Other sports offered at the College include, but are not limited to handball basketball golf – St Colman's were Irish Ulster Schools Champions in 1992 and former ...
... swimmer Braeden Cloutier, soccer player Jonathan Coachman, sports anchor Tim Elliott, mixed martial artist DJ Fisher, sports agent Rick Mears, race car driver Roger Mears, off-road driver ...
Famous quotes containing the word sports:
“It is usual for a Man who loves Country Sports to preserve the Game in his own Grounds, and divert himself upon those that belong to his Neighbour.”
—Joseph Addison (16721719)
“I looked so much like a guy you couldnt tell if I was a boy or a girl. I had no hair, I wore guys clothes, I walked like a guy ... [ellipsis in source] I didnt do anything right except sports. I was a social dropout, but sports was a way I could be acceptable to other kids and to my family.”
—Karen Logan (b. 1949)