- Lala Satalin Deviluke (ララ・サタリン・デビルーク, Rara Satarin Debirūku?)
- Voiced by: Haruka Tomatsu
- The female protagonist of To Love-Ru, Lala is the first princess of Deviluke, whose family rules the Galaxy. As such, her hand in marriage is sought from across the Galaxy as she is (presumably) the successor to the Galaxy's throne. A rather childish girl, she is somewhat naïve regarding the culture and customs on Earth. Lala initially runs away from home, as she does not wish to get married to any of her suitors, and due to an accident, ends up naked in Rito's bathtub. Upon arriving on Earth, Lala pretends to love Rito to keep herself from getting married, but really does fall in love with him after she misinterprets a statement that Rito shouts that was meant for Haruna. Although Lala appears to be somewhat airheaded, she is well known on Deviluke for her genius-level intellect and enjoys making all manners of inventions, often prompting some disastrous effect or another. Throughout the series, she frequently tries to get Rito to love her, although her grand gestures generally end up putting Rito and company in embarrassing situations. Although Rito frequently chastises her for causing embarrassing and otherwise troublesome incidents, Lala rarely shows any form of negativity towards him and even states it is impossible for her to hate him. Even after finding out that he was in love with Haruna as well, she instead cheered and stated that they could both marry him.
- Eccentric, playful and intelligent, Lala isn't shy (due to being bathed and dressed by numerous servants while growing up,) to a point where it feels almost natural for her to be in the nude (the only exception of this occurs when Lala catches a personality changing fever from another planet, making her very shy). Although she will cover herself up in front of those she really dislikes such as Lepescu. Like all citizens from Deviluke, Lala's physical abilities vastly exceeds that of a human (in one instance, she manages to blow away a typhoon just by shouting) and has a distinctive tail with a shape of a spade on the end that can shoot a destructive beam. Oddly, her tail is very sensitive, causing her friends to nickname it her "weakness" (all female Devilukeans' tails are more sensitive than a male's) despite being able to throw Run and Saki to a wall while they mess with it. Unfortunately, Lala is bad at cooking. The food she cooks is either inedible or extremely spicy. While the fact that Lala is an alien is initially a secret, it becomes common knowledge relatively soon after her arrival with no one making a big deal about it. According to Ringo, Lala's measurements are B89, W57, H87.
- She recently made a cameo appearance as a passer-by in Chapter 8 of the manga Mayoi Neko Overrun!.
- Gid Lucion Deviluke (ギド・ルシオン・デビルーク, Gido Rushion Debirūku?)
- Voiced by: Hidetoshi Nakamura
- The King of Deviluke and Emperor of the known universe, Gid is the father of Lala, Nana, and Momo. Despite his near omnipotent power, he has the physical appearance of a child, looking slightly devilish, with shark-like teeth, spiky black hair, and the characteristic Devilukean tail. While his daughters' tails end in spades, his appears as a wicked looking trident. Gid's personality borders juvenile delinquency and (extreme) perversion, going as far as to use his child like appearance to get close to pretty girls, thus Lala claims the only reason he wants her to get married is so he can step down as king and be free to pursue his perverted hobbies. Lala states his current appearance is due to him using too much power during the "Galaxy Unification Wars", which desized his body, following his conquest. However even in this form he is described to still be very powerful, stating he could destroy the Earth if he released it. In the manga, he seems more easygoing and is much more accepting of Rito as his heir, where he simply wishes to relinquish the throne so he could pursue his perverted interests. However, in the anime, he is much more critical of Rito and even attacks him, saying that Rito is not suitable for Lala.
Read more about this topic: List Of To Love-Ru Characters
Other articles related to "planet deviluke, deviluke":
... Nana Astar Deviluke (ナナ・アスタ・デビルーク, Nana Asuta Debirūku?) Voiced by Kanae Itō Nana has long hair, a single visible sharp tooth and unlike her sisters, a flat chest, which is used as a ... Momo Belia Deviluke (モモ・ベリア・デビルーク, Momo Beria Debirūku?) Voiced by Aki Toyosaki Momo has short hair and is generally sweeter than her twin, but develops a bad attitude ... conflict between her sister or Haruna, Momo realises if Rito becomes the next king of Deviluke, Earth laws will not apply to him, allowing him to create a harem where she can display her affections ...
Famous quotes containing the word planet:
“The planet on which we live is poorly organized, many areas are overpopulated, others are reserved for a few, technologys potential is only in part realized, and most people are starving.”
—Friedrich Dürrenmatt (19211990)