- Arsenie Boca
- Teoctist Arăpaşu, Patriarch of the Romanian Orthodox Church
- Miron Cristea, first Patriarch of the Romanian Orthodox Church
- Iuliu Hossu, Greek-Catholic bishop of the Cluj-Gherla Diocese and later cardinal
- Justinian Marina, Patriarch of the Romanian Orthodox Church
- Iustin Moisescu, Patriarch of the Romanian Orthodox Church
- Nicodim Munteanu, Patriarch of the Romanian Orthodox Church
- Dumitru Stăniloae, priest, translated the Philokalia into Romanian
- Vasile Suciu, Greek-Catholic Metropolitan bishop of the Archdiocese of Făgăraş and Alba Iulia
- Alexandru Todea, Greek-Catholic Metropolitan bishop of the Archdiocese of Făgăraş and Alba Iulia and later cardinal
- Lucian Turcescu, Orthodox theologian teaching at Concordia University (Montreal, Canada), president of the Canadian Society of Patristic Studies, 2004–2008
- Richard Wurmbrand, pastor, author of Tortured for Christ
- Daniel Ciobotea, incumbent Patriarch of the Romanian Orthodox Church
- Lucian Mureșan, Greek-Catholic Metropolitan bishop, later (and incumbent) Major Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Făgăraş and Alba Iulia
Read more about this topic: List Of Romanians
Other articles related to "religion, religions":
... Hegelians' aware of their existence as a distinct group, and it was their attitude to religion that distinguished the left and right from then onwards (August Cieszkowski is a possible ... III, under the influence of his relatively enlightened minister of religion, health and education Altenstein, allowed pretty much anything to be said about religion so long as there was practical obedience ... at first found it easier to direct their critical energies towards religion than politics ...
... Religion in Saarland - 2007 religion percent Roman Catholics 64.1% Protestants 19.5% Other or none 22.0% The Saarlanders are the most religious population amongst ...
... Main article Religion in the Middle East The Middle East is very diverse when it comes to religions, many of which originated there ... Islam in its many forms is by far the largest religion in the Middle East, but other faiths that originated there, such as Judaism and Christianity, are also well represented ... There are also important minority religions like Bahá'í, Yazdânism, Zoroastrianism, Mandeanism, Druze, Yarsan, Yazidism and Shabakism, and in ancient times the region was ...
... Main article Criticism of religion Religious criticism has a long history, going back at least as far as the 5th century BCE ... During the Middle Ages, potential critics of religion were persecuted and largely forced to remain silent ... Enlightenment, thinkers like David Hume and Voltaire criticized religion ...
Famous quotes containing the word religion:
“As soon as a religion comes to dominate, it has as its opponents all those who would have been its earliest disciples.”
—Friedrich Nietzsche (18441900)
“This is one of the paradoxes of the democratic movementthat it loves a crowd and fears the individuals who compose itthat the religion of humanity should have no faith in human beings.”
—Walter Lippmann (18891974)
“The true meaning of religion is thus, not simply morality, but morality touched by emotion.”
—Matthew Arnold (18221888)