- ARD — a testbed for reentry technologies launched in 1998.
- ESA-made instruments on Chandrayaan-1 — Indian space probe to the Moon launched on October 2008, functional until August 2009.
- Cos-B — First project of ESA after foundation (in 1975).
- Double Star Mission — probe to study effects of the sun on Earth (in cooperation with the People's Republic of China).
- ERS-1 — First Earth-observing satellite of ESA.
- EXOSAT — ESA's first X-ray observatory.
- Giotto mission — First deep space mission of ESA, which went to Comet Halley.
- Hipparcos — A space-based astrometry mission.
- Huygens probe — A space probe to Saturn's moon Titan.
- ISO — Infrared Space Observatory.
- IUE — Ultraviolet astronomical space observatory in cooperation with NASA.
- SMART 1 — A lunar spaceprobe testing new propulsion technology.
- Ulysses — A probe launched in 1990 to study the Sun's north and south poles.
- YES2 — a young engineers' satellite to demonstrate the use of tethers for injection into re-entry orbit of the first students re-entry capsule ever.
Read more about this topic: List Of Projects Of The European Space Agency
Other articles related to "projects, past projects, project, past project":
... Since November 2002, the Caravan has been producing full-length video and musical performance play based on the book, "Bukaka Spat Here," by Alexander Brener and Barbara Schurz ... In addition to full-length plays, the Volxtheater sees itself as an actionist group provoking political responsibility and moral courage by artistically intervening - spontaneously or planned - in public space, via street theatre and "guerrilla fun". ...
... members were involved in different projects Snider formed Desperado, Widowmaker, and SMFs ... Both projects were unsuccessful ... He also occasionally pursued solo projects ...
... with EotWash group, University of Washington) Member of MACHO gravitational microlensing project, a search for dark matter in the Milky Way that ruled out astrophysical objects as being the dark matter in our ... Past Project Scientist for the Large Synoptic Survey Telescope (LSST) ...
Famous quotes containing the word projects:
“But look what we have built ... low-income projects that become worse centers of delinquency, vandalism and general social hopelessness than the slums they were supposed to replace.... Cultural centers that are unable to support a good bookstore. Civic centers that are avoided by everyone but bums.... Promenades that go from no place to nowhere and have no promenaders. Expressways that eviscerate great cities. This is not the rebuilding of cities. This is the sacking of cities.”
—Jane Jacobs (b. 1916)
“One of the things that is most striking about the young generation is that they never talk about their own futures, there are no futures for this generation, not any of them and so naturally they never think of them. It is very striking, they do not live in the present they just live, as well as they can, and they do not plan. It is extraordinary that whole populations have no projects for a future, none at all.”
—Gertrude Stein (18741946)