- 1964 Roger Adams, Harold Clayton Urey, Robert Burns Woodward
- 1965 Peter Debye
- 1966 Henry Eyring
- 1967 George Kistiakowsky
- 1968 Paul Bartlett, Lars Onsager
- 1970 Saul Winstein
- 1973 Carl Djerassi, Vladimir Haensel
- 1974 Paul Flory, Linus Carl Pauling, Kenneth Sanborn Pitzer
- 1979 Arthur Kornberg, Severo Ochoa
- 1982 F. Albert Cotton, Gilbert Stork
- 1983 Roald Hoffmann, George C. Pimentel, Richard N. Zare
- 1986 Harry Gray, Yuan Tseh Lee, Carl S. Marvel, Frank H. Westheimer
- 1987 William S. Johnson, Walter H. Stockmayer, Max Tishler
- 1988 William O. Baker, Konrad E. Bloch, Elias J. Corey
- 1989 Richard B. Bernstein, Melvin Calvin, Rudoph A. Marcus, Harden M. McConnell
- 1990 Elkan Blout, Karl Folkers, John D. Roberts
- 1991 Ronald Breslow, Gertrude B. Elion, Dudley R. Herschbach, Glenn T. Seaborg
- 1992 Howard E. Simmons, Jr.
- 1993 Donald J. Cram, Norman Hackerman
- 1994 George S. Hammond
- 1995 Thomas Cech, Isabella L. Karle
- 1996 Norman Davidson
- 1997 Darleane C. Hoffman, Harold S. Johnston
- 1998 John W. Cahn, George M. Whitesides
- 1999 Stuart A. Rice, John Ross, Susan Solomon
- 2000 John D. Baldeschwieler, Ralph F. Hirschmann
- 2001 Ernest R. Davidson, Gabor A. Somorjai
- 2002 John I. Brauman
- 2004 Stephen J. Lippard
- 2006 Marvin H. Caruthers, Peter B. Dervan, Robert S. Langer
- 2007 Mostafa A. El-Sayed
- 2008 Joanna S. Fowler, JoAnne Stubbe
- 2009 Stephen J. Benkovic, Marye Anne Fox
- 2010 Jacqueline K. Barton, Peter J. Stang
Read more about this topic: List Of National Medal Of Science Laureates
Other articles related to "chemistry":
... The research activities of the Institute of Chemistry of the Slovak Academy of Sciences are aimed at the chemistry and biochemistry of saccharides ...
... known for his research on transition metal chemistry. 1918), German winner of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry for pioneering work in the area of organometallic chemistry ...
... Society of Peru International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry Royal Australian Chemical Institute Royal Netherlands Chemical Society Royal Society of Chemistry Society of Chemical ...
... Stanley was born in Ridgeville, Indiana, and earned a BS in Chemistry at Earlham College in Richmond, Indiana ... in chemistry two years later ... His later accomplishments include writing the book "Chemistry A Beautiful Thing" and achieving his high stature as a Pulitzer Prize nominee ...
... A variety of bidimensional phases can be detected, each separated by a phase transition ... During the phase transition, the surface pressure doesn't change, but the area does, just like during normal phase transitions volume changes but pressure doesn't ...
Famous quotes containing the word chemistry:
“Science with its retorts would have put me to sleep; it was the opportunity to be ignorant that I improved. It suggested to me that there was something to be seen if one had eyes. It made a believer of me more than before. I believed that the woods were not tenantless, but choke-full of honest spirits as good as myself any day,not an empty chamber, in which chemistry was left to work alone, but an inhabited house,and for a few moments I enjoyed fellowship with them.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“...some sort of false logic has crept into our schools, for the people whom I have seen doing housework or cooking know nothing of botany or chemistry, and the people who know botany and chemistry do not cook or sweep. The conclusion seems to be, if one knows chemistry she must not cook or do housework.”
—Ellen Henrietta Swallow Richards (18421911)
“For me chemistry represented an indefinite cloud of future potentialities which enveloped my life to come in black volutes torn by fiery flashes, like those which had hidden Mount Sinai. Like Moses, from that cloud I expected my law, the principle of order in me, around me, and in the world.... I would watch the buds swell in spring, the mica glint in the granite, my own hands, and I would say to myself: I will understand this, too, I will understand everything.”
—Primo Levi (19191987)