- MP3 Portable Player: The first portable MP3 player was launched in 1997 by Saehan Information Systems, which sold its "MPMan" player in Asia in spring 1998.
- MP3 Phone: Samsung SPH-M2100, the first mobile phone with built-in MP3 players were produced in South Korea in August, 1999. Samsung SPH-M100 launched in 2000 was the first cell phone to have MP3 music capabilities in the US market.
- Touchscreen mobile phone: LG KE850 is the world's first Completely Touch Screen Mobile Phone using finger touch instead of stylus, having a main button directly below the display. The developer, LG Electronics has claimed the iPhone's design was copied from the LG KE850.
- Capacitive touchscreen mobile phone: LG KE850 is the first mobile phone with a capacitive touchscreen. It was announced in January 2007 and brought to market in May.
- LTE Mobile phone: Samsung SCH-r900 is the world’s first LTE Mobile phone starting on 21 September 2010 and Samsung Galaxy Indulge being the world’s first LTE smartphone starting on 10 February 2011 both offered by MetroPCS.
- Retina display: A LCD-TFT IPS Display, named by Apple as the "Retina display", is a developed and produced by LG Display.
Other articles related to "electronics":
... Electronics Illustrated was an American magazine started in May 1958 by Fawcett Publications, the publishers of Mechanix Illustrated ... Ziff-Davis success with Popular Electronics magazine showed there was a market for electronics hobbyist magazines and the launch of the Sputnik satellite in 1957 had increased the public's interest in ... Electronics Illustrated (EI) was targeted for this hobbyist and do-it-yourself audience ...
... baritone guitar, electric thumb piano, electronics, small electric spring, percussion, vocals Mark Pearson - baritone guitar, electronics, large ...
... The National Electronics Museum, located in Linthicum, Maryland, displays the history of the United States defense electronics ...
... For instance, early electronics often used point to point wiring with components attached to wooden breadboards to construct circuits ... Most modern day electronics now use printed circuit boards made of materials such as FR4, or the cheaper (and less hard-wearing) Synthetic Resin Bonded Paper (SRBP, also known as Paxoline/Paxolin ... Health and environmental concerns associated with electronics assembly have gained increased attention in recent years, especially for products destined to the European Union, with its Restriction of ...
Famous quotes containing the word electronics:
“We live in a highly industrialized society and every member of the Black nation must be as academically and technologically developed as possible. To wage a revolution, we need competent teachers, doctors, nurses, electronics experts, chemists, biologists, physicists, political scientists, and so on and so forth. Black women sitting at home reading bedtime stories to their children are just not going to make it.”
—Frances Beale, African American feminist and civil rights activist. The Black Woman, ch. 14 (1970)