- Allocamelus – A Heraldic creature that has the head of a donkey and the body of a camel.
- Ammit – An Egyptian creature that has the head of a crocodile, the front legs of a lion, and the back legs and hindquarters of a hippopotamus.
- Baku – A Japanese creature that has an elephant's trunk, the eyes of a rhinoceros, the tail of an ox, and the paws of a tiger.
- Basilisk, Cockatrice – Both of them are depicted of being a mix between a chicken and a reptilian.
- Chimera – A Greek mythology creature that has the head and front legs of a lion, the head and back legs of a goat, and a snake-headed tail.
- Fenghuang – A Japanese creature that has the head of a golden pheasant, the body of a mandarin duck, the tail of a peacock, the legs of a crane, the mouth of a parrot, and the wings of a swallow.
- Gajasimha – A creature that has the head of an elephant and the body of a lion.
- Griffin – A creature that has the head front legs, and wings of an eagle and the hindquarters of a lion.
- Hippalectryon – The front half is that of a horse and the rear half has a rooster's wings, tail, and legs.
- Hippocampus – A Greek mythology creature that is half-horse half-fish.
- Hippogriff – A creature that resembles a Griffin with the hindquarters of a horse.
- Jackalope – A jackrabbit with the antlers of a deer.
- Ophiotaurus – A creature that is half-bull half-serpent.
- Owlbear – A creature that is a hybrid of an owl and a bear.
- Pegasus – A horse with the wings of a bird.
- Peryton – A deer with the wings of a bird.
- Qilin – A Chinese creature with the head of a dragon, the antlers of a deer, the scales of a fish, the hooves of an ox, the tail of a lion. The Japanese version is depicted as a deer-shaped dragon with the tail of an ox.
- Questing Beast – A creature that has the head and tail of a serpent, the body of a leopard, the haunches of a lion, an the feet of a deer.
- Sea-lion - A creature that is half-lion half-fish.
- Skvader – A Swedish creature that has the forequarters and hind-legs of a European hare and the back, wings and tail of a female wood grouse.
- Wolpertinger – A creature that has the head of a rabbit, the body of a squirrel, the antlers of a deer, and the wings and legs of a pheasant.
- Wyvern – A bird/dragon-like creature.
- Yali – A Hindu creature that has head of a lion, the tusks of an elephant, the body of a cat, and the tail of a serpent.
- Ypotryll – A Heraldic creature with the tusked head of a boar, the humped body of a camel, the legs and hooves of an ox or goat, the tail of a snake.
Read more about this topic: List Of Hybrid Creatures In Mythology
Other related articles:
... It is unknown who invented the original horseshoe ... Horsemen in Asia constructed horse booties from leather and plant material ...
Famous quotes containing the word non-human:
“Almost like a god looking at her terribly out of the everlasting dark, she had felt the eyes of that horse; great glowing, fearsome eyes, arched with a question, and containing a white blade of light like a threat. What was his non-human question, and his uncanny threat? She didnt know. He was some splendid demon, and she must worship him.”
—D.H. (David Herbert)