Business and Society
- Dame Beryl Beaurepaire, AC, DBE, philanthropist and women's rights campaigner.
- Sir Laurence Hartnett, CBE - Australian automotive pioneer and the "father" of GM Holden. ("Hartnett Drive" in Seaford industrial area named in his honour)
- Sir John Holland, AC - philanthropist, engineering and construction magnate and founder of John Holland Group.
- Anthony JJ Lucas - philanthropist, businessman and the Consulate-General of Greece in Australia from 1931-46. (Resided at "Yamala" in Frankston)
- Dame Elisabeth Murdoch, AC, DBE, philanthropist and mother of international media magnate Rupert Murdoch.
- Bill Pratt, AM - founder of Pratt's Stores, later Safeway (Australia), now a part of Woolworths Limited.
- Thomas Ritchie - founder of Ritchie's Stores, now affiliated with IGA.
- Harry Wragge, AM - telecommunications pioneer, developed the Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN).
Read more about this topic: List Of Frankston People
Other articles related to "business and society, business":
... Hyundai has invested in manufacturing plants in the North America, India, Czech Republic, Pakistan, China and Turkey as well as research and development centers in Europe, Asia, North America, and the Pacific Rim ... In 2004, Hyundai Motor Company had $57.2 billion in sales in South Korea making it the country's second largest corporation, or chaebol ...
... League (AFL) Bob Isherwood Dip Art (Advert), D Comm (honoris causa) business leader former Worldwide Creative Director of Saatchi Saatchi Margaret Gardner, AO current Vice-C ... Formula 1) and Minardi Team USA (Indy Car) racing teams Ziggy Switkowski current Chancellor business leader and nuclear scientist Robert Thomson BA (Journ ...
... Because of the nature of intellectual property, a business needs protection in every jurisdiction in which they are concerned about competitors ...
... Incomes and Financial Education Research China-Australia Business Research Centre Finance, Economics, Markets and Accounting Research Centre Small and ...
Famous quotes containing the words business and, society and/or business:
“I want to preach a new doctrine. A complete separation of business and government.”
—Franklin D. Roosevelt (18821945)
“Thirty-five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-five for years.”
—Oscar Wilde (18541900)
“After all, the chief business of the American people is business.”
—Calvin Coolidge (18721933)