- Ardan 1950—1986 An outgrowth of a family-owned jewelry business dating back to 1885, Ardan showroom locations increased to 68 across the Midwest and California by 1983, when the company began closing and selling showrooms due to shrinking market share, and stopped retailing non-jewelry merchandise. Some showrooms were acquired by Service Merchandise.
- Best Products — ceased business in 1998 after filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 1996
- Brand Names; 1952—2001 A regional chain located in the Buffalo, NY area that consisted of 12 showrooms and six furniture galleries when it closed 2001 due to changing market forces of web based retail and big box stores.
- Brendle's — operated 58 showrooms in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and Tennessee; closed in 1996, a few months after filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection for the second time
- Consumers and Consumers Express
- K's Merchandise
- Service Merchandise — filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 1999; ceased operations by early 2002. The name was resurrected in 2004 for an online retail operation.
- Wilson's Jewelers — Southern states, based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana; acquired by Service Merchandise in 1986
- Witmark — operated in southwestern Michigan; founded 1969, liquidated 1997
Read more about this topic: List Of Defunct Retailers Of The United States
Main Site Subjects