- Alcyoneus: A giant whom Gaia tried to force Hazel to resurrect around World War II, Alcyoneus rose again in the The Son of Neptune. He was invincible in his new home of Alaska, where he kept Thanatos captive. Frank, Hazel, and Arion defeated him after removing him from Alaska. Like the other giants, he was created by Gaia specifically to oppose one of the Olympian gods. Alcyoneus thus corresponds with Hades/Pluto.
- Enceladus: Enceladus was the first giant to be reawakened in the Heroes of Olympus series. In The Lost Hero, he was killed by Jupiter, who threw lightning at him, and Jason, as the giants can only be killed by a god and a hero working together. He opposes Athena/Minerva.
- Ephialtes and Otis: The twin Aloadae are awakened in The Mark of Athena by Gaia. They manage to capture Nico di Angelo and were tasked by Gaia to kill all demigods of prophecy but two. They fight Jason and Percy who defeat them with the help of Bacchus. They both oppose Dionysus/Bacchus.
- Polybotes: A giant who attempted to destroy Camp Jupiter with an army of monsters. He almost succeeded, but was destroyed by Percy and Terminus. He opposes Poseidon/Neptune.
- Porphyrion: A giant awakened in The Lost Hero, Porphyrion fought Jason and his friends. Hera almost killed him, but he escaped. He opposes Zeus/Jupiter.
Read more about this topic: List Of Characters In The Percy Jackson And The Olympians Series And In The Heroes Of Olympus Series
Other articles related to "giants":
... The 1934 New York Giants season was the tenth season for the club in the National Football League ... The Giants denied the Bears a perfect season as the Giants went on to win what would become known as the "Sneakers Game" ...
... On August 13, 2010, Guillén was traded to the San Francisco Giants for cash and a player to be named later, later chosen to be Kevin Pucetas ... Guillén was placed on the restricted list of the Giants' postseason roster due to an ongoing investigation regarding the use of performance-enhancing drugs ... Despite serving the postseason on the restricted list, the Giants eventually won the 2010 World Series ...
... Bears squad, although Wycoff signed to the Giants ... The Giants would go on to win the 1927 NFL championship and defeated the Stapes twice in non-league games, 19-0 and 18-0 ... They even pulled out a 7-0 victory over the Giants on Thanksgiving Day ...
... Carolina is also known as the "City of the Giants" in honor of Birriel ... a mural which states the following "Carolina Tierra de Gigantes" (Carolina City of Giants) ... of Carolina is called "Los Gigantes de Carolina" (The Carolina Giants) and the town has dedicated a museum to the memory of Birriel and has also named a street "El Paseo Felipe Birriel" ...
... a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training with the San Francisco Giants in December 2007, and made the 2008 Opening Day roster ... Later that July, he was released from the Giants system ... During his year with the Giants, he had an ERA of 3.57, allowed 33 runs, and struck out 48, in 68 innings pitched throughout 60 games, with a win-loss record of 3-6 for the season ...
Famous quotes containing the word giants:
“We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the Sermon on the Mount.... The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants.”
—Omar Bradley (18931981)
“But can see better there, and laughing there
Pity the giants wallowing on the plain.
Pygmies expand in cold impossible air,
Cry fie on the giantshine, poor glory which
Pounds breast-bone punily, screeches, and has
Reached no Alps: or, knows no Alps to reach.”
—Gwendolyn Brooks (b. 1917)