- Toshiko Akiyoshi, jazz pianist, composer/arranger, and bandleader
- Nadia Ali of the music group iiO
- Amerie, R&B/pop singer
- Steve Aoki electro house, musician, record producer and the founder of Dim Mak Records.
- apl.de.ap (Lindo) of The Black Eyed Peas
- Jin Au-Yeung, a pioneer in the Asian-American hip-hop scene
- Sameer Bhattacharya, a guitarist in the Texas alternative rock band Flyleaf
- Cassie, an R&B singer
- Angelin Chang, a Grammy Award-winning pianist and renown music professor
- Jeff Chang, a music critic and historian of hip-hop culture
- Jocelyn Enriquez
- Far East Movement, the first Asian-American group to be in the Top 10 in Mainstream Pop charts
- Ming Freeman, keyboardist/pianist
- Lisa Furukawa, Japanese-American folk singer, songwriter, and pianist
- Matt Heafy, a guitarist and vocal of band Trivium.
- Nichkhun Horvejkul, member of South Korean boy group 2PM
- Magdalen Hsu-Li, out bisexual Chinese American singer-songwriter recording artist, poet and artist.
- Chad Hugo, musician and producer, member of The Neptunes and N.E.R.D.
- William Hung is a contestant from American Idol
- Tiffany Hwang, Korean American member of girl group SNSD.
- Enrique Iglesias, whose mother, Isabel Preysler, is Filipino
- James Iha, formerly the guitarist of The Smashing Pumpkins
- Norah Jones, Musician, Grammy Award winner, daughter of Ravi Shankar.
- Jessica Jung, Korean American member of girl group SNSD.
- Krystal Jung, member of South Korean girl group f(x)
- Nicole Jung, member of South Korean girl group KARA
- Tony Kanal, Two-time Grammy Award winner, bass player for No Doubt.
- Jeff Kashiwa, smooth jazz saxophonist
- Kelis, R&B singer
- Eli Kim, member of South Korean boy group U-KISS
- Amber Josephine Liu, member of South Korean girl group f(x)
- Yo-Yo Ma renowned cellist
- Bruno Mars singer-songwriter, music producer
- Zubin Mehta, Conductor, New York Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Dawn Xiana Moon, singer-songwriter, pianist, and guitarist (also arts and culture critic)
- Natalise, Burmese-Chinese singer
- Ne-Yo, R&B singer, songwriter, and actor.
- Justin Nozuka, singer and songwriter.
- Seiji Ozawa Boston Symphony Conductor
- Paperdoll (band), Indie band from NYC fronted by Asian American Teresa Lee.
- Jay Park, a Korean-American singer, rapper, bboy & actor. Also famous in South Korea as the former leader of South Korean boyband 2PM.
- Mike Park was the singer of Skankin Pickle and currently runs Asian Man Records
- Mike Relm is a scratch video DJ who has toured with the Blue Man Group
- Nicole Scherzinger, singer and former member of The Pussycat Dolls.
- Mike Shinoda and Joseph Hahn are successful Asian Americans in the popular rap rock band Linkin Park.
- Vienna Teng, folk and pop singer-songwriter
- Kim Thayil, Guitarist for Grammy Award winning rock group Soundgarden
- Hikaru Utada, Japanese-American singer-songwriter active in both Japan and United States; her single Devil Inside topped the U.S. Billboard Dance Chart.
- Kevin Woo, member of South Korean boy group U-KISS
- Catalina Yue, Chinese-Japanese-American pop singer-songwriter
Other articles related to "music":
... Composer Joseph LoDuca wrote the theme music and incidental music, and co-wrote the lyrics for the songs in "The Bitter Suite" ... The theme music was developed from the traditional Bulgarian folk song "Kaval sviri", sung by the Bulgarian State Television Female Vocal Choir ... seven Emmy nominations for LoDuca, who won the Emmy award for Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Dramatic Underscore) for the Season 5 episode Fallen Angel in 2000 ...
... Nairobi is the centre of the Kenyan music scene ... The genre is a fusion of jazz and Luo music forms ... prominent centre for East and Central African music ...
... the 1960s, the bass guitar has largely replaced the double bass in popular music as the bass instrument in the rhythm section ... by the bassist vary widely from one style of music to another, the bassist fulfills a similar role in most types of music anchoring the harmonic framework and laying down the beat ... The bass guitar is used in many styles of music including rock, metal, pop, punk rock, country, reggae, gospel, blues, and jazz ...
... Music therapy is an interpersonal process in which the therapist uses music and all of its facets—physical, emotional, mental, social, aesthetic, and spiritual—to help clients to improve or ... In some instances, the client's needs are addressed directly through music in others they are addressed through the relationships that develop between the client and therapist ... Music therapy is used with individuals of all ages and with a variety of conditions, including psychiatric disorders, medical problems, physical handicaps ...
Famous quotes containing the word music:
“There was never yet such a storm but it was Æolian music to a healthy and innocent ear.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Franceska: I was happy in the life I built up for myself. I put a fine high wall of music around me and nothing could touch me. I was safe and secure. And then you had to come along and knock it all down and I hate you for that.
Maxwell: On the contrary, you love me.”
—Muriel Box (b. 1905)
“Your remark that clams will lie quiet if music be played to them, was superfluousentirely superfluous.”
—Mark Twain [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (18351910)