|YUI Library, a set of utilities and controls, for building richly interactive web applications using techniques such as DOM scripting, DHTML and Ajax||BSD|
|ASP.NET AJAX, a set of extensions to ASP.NET for implementing Ajax functionality.||Microsoft Public License|
|Spry framework, an open source Ajax framework developed by Adobe which is used in the construction of Rich Internet applications.||BSD|
|Ext JS, a library that extends Prototype, Jquery and YUI until version 1.0. Since version 1.1 a standalone Ajax framework.||GPLv3 or proprietary|
Other frameworks not among the most used include:
- AJAX.OOP, an open source framework, providing an OOP-style coding engine and Ajax requests-handling functionality to create web 2.0 components.
- Ample SDK, standards-based Ajax framework, enabling Rich Internet application development
- Backbone.js, loosely based on the Model-View-Controller application design paradigm
- Bindows, an enterprise Ajax framework, with Windows look and feel.
- jx, a tiny cross-browser AJAX library weighing less than 1KB.
- Smartclient, provides a zero-install DHTML/Ajax client engine, rich user interface components & services and client-server databinding systems.
- SproutCore, designed to make desktop-like apps for the web.
Read more about this topic: List Of Ajax Frameworks