List Of Acronyms And Initialisms: H
For the purposes of this list:
- acronym = an abbreviation pronounced as a series of constituent letters, e.g., SARS = severe acute respiratory syndrome
- initialism = an abbreviation pronounced wholly or partly using the names of its constituent letters, e.g., CD = compact disc
- pseudo-blend = an abbreviation whose extra or omitted letters means that it cannot stand as a true acronym, initialism, or portmanteau (a word formed by combining two or more words).
- (a) = acronym in the example: SARS – (a) Severe acute respiratory syndrome
- (i) = initialism in the example: CD – (i) Compact disc
- (p) = pseudo-blend in the example: UNIFEM – (p) United Nations Development Fund for Women
- (s) = symbol (none of the above, representing and pronounced as something else; for example: MHz – Megahertz)
(Main list of acronyms and initialisms)
Other articles related to "list of acronyms and":
List Of Acronyms And Initialisms: H - HZ
... Herero language (ISO 639-1 code) Hz – (s) Hertz HZ – (s) Haze (METAR Code) List of acronyms and initialisms A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y ...
Famous quotes containing the words list of and/or list:
“The advice of their elders to young men is very apt to be as unreal as a list of the hundred best books.”
“Modern tourist guides have helped raised tourist expectations. And they have provided the nativesfrom Kaiser Wilhelm down to the villagers of Chichacestenangowith a detailed and itemized list of what is expected of them and when. These are the up-to- date scripts for actors on the tourists stage.”