- Lightyear (band), a ska-punk band from the United Kingdom
- "Light Year" (Isakov song), a song by Gregory Alan Isakov from his 2009 album This Empty Northern Hemisphere
- Light Years (Chick Corea album), a 1987 album by the Chick Corea Elektric Band
- Light Years (Glen Campbell album), a 1988 Glen Campbell album
- "Light Years" (Jamiroquai song), a song on Jamiroquai's The Return of the Space Cowboy album
- Light Years (Kylie Minogue album), a 2000 Kylie Minogue album
- "Light Years" (Pearl Jam song), a song by Pearl Jam
- Light Years, The Very Best Of Electric Light Orchestra, a 1997 compilation of Electric Light Orchestra
- Lightyears (Shin Terai album), a 2007 album by Shin Terai, Bill Laswell and Buckethead
- "Light Years" (Heather Nova song), a song on Heather Nova's Oyster album
- "2000 Light Years from Home", a song by the Rolling Stones from their 1967 album Their Satanic Majesties Request
Read more about this topic: Light Years
Other articles related to "music":
... Composer Joseph LoDuca wrote the theme music and incidental music, and co-wrote the lyrics for the songs in "The Bitter Suite" ... The theme music was developed from the traditional Bulgarian folk song "Kaval sviri", sung by the Bulgarian State Television Female Vocal Choir ... for LoDuca, who won the Emmy award for Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Dramatic Underscore) for the Season 5 episode Fallen Angel in 2000 ...
... Music therapy is an interpersonal process in which the therapist uses music and all of its facets—physical, emotional, mental, social, aesthetic, and spiritual—to help clients to improve or maintain ... In some instances, the client's needs are addressed directly through music in others they are addressed through the relationships that develop between the client and therapist ... Music therapy is used with individuals of all ages and with a variety of conditions, including psychiatric disorders, medical problems, physical handicaps, sensory ...
... Nairobi is the centre of the Kenyan music scene ... The genre is a fusion of jazz and Luo music forms. 1970s, Nairobi became the prominent centre for East and Central African music ...
... Since the 1960s, the bass guitar has largely replaced the double bass in popular music as the bass instrument in the rhythm section ... While the types of basslines performed by the bassist vary widely from one style of music to another, the bassist fulfills a similar role in most types of music ... bass guitar is used in many styles of music including rock, metal, pop, punk rock, country, reggae, gospel, blues, and jazz ...
Famous quotes containing the word music:
“We often love to think now of the life of men on beaches,at least in midsummer, when the weather is serene; their sunny lives on the sand, amid the beach-grass and bayberries, their companion a cow, their wealth a jag of driftwood or a few beach plums, and their music the surf and the peep of the beech-bird.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Where should this music be? I th air, or th earth?
It sounds no more.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“The music stoppd, and I stood still,
And found myself outside the Hill,
Left alone against my will,
To go now limping as before,
And never hear of that country more!”
—Robert Browning (18121889)