Liberty or Death is a slogan made famous during the independence struggle of several countries, notably including the United States of America, Brazil, Bulgaria, Greece, the Republic of Macedonia, Ireland, and Uruguay.
It can refer to:
- "Give me Liberty, or give me Death!", a famous quotation attributed to Patrick Henry near the start of the American Revolution.
- Liberty or Death (video game), a 1993 video game based on the American Revolutionary War.
- Liberty or Death (album), a 2007 album by the band Grave Digger.
- Eleftheria i thanatos, the national motto of Greece, derived from the Greek War of Independence.
- Liberty or Death (Bulgaria) (Свобода или смъртъ), a Bulgarian slogan used on Bulgarian revolutionary flags during and after the April Uprising of 1876.
- "Liberty or Death" (poem) (Свобода или смърт), a poem by Ivan Vazov.
- "Слобода или смрт" (sloboda ili smrt; liberty or death), a slogan of Macedonian revolutionaries from Macedonia and the Internal Macedonian Revolutionary Organization.
- Libertad o muerte, the national motto of Uruguay.
Read more about Liberty Or Death: See Also
Other articles related to "liberty or death, liberty, death":
... Give Me Liberty (disambiguation) Give me Liberty, or give me Death! Live Free or Die, the state motto of New Hampshire Captain Michalis, a 1953 Greek novel by Nikos Kazantzakis titled as "Freedom ...
Famous quotes containing the words death and/or liberty:
“When Death to either shall come
I pray it be first to me.”
—Robert Bridges (18441930)
“There is nothing that I shudder at more than the idea of a separation of the Union. Should such an event ever happen, which I fervently pray God to avert, from that date I view our liberty gone.”
—Andrew Jackson (17671845)