- Li Gong was born in 1963 and raised in Beijing.
- Received his bachelor and masters degrees at Tsinghua University
- Received his PhD at University of Cambridge, where he worked with Roger Needham and David Wheeler
- Began his career as a researcher, and served as chairmans of several IEEE and ACM conferences
- In 1996, he joined as Chief Java Security Architect the JavaSoft division at Sun Microsystems (in Cupertino, California). He became a Distinguished Engineer and later a senior engineering director and headed engineering for JES and JXTA
- In 2001, he returned to Beijing to start up Sun Microsystems Engineering and Research Institute (ERI) and served as its General Manager.
- In 2005 he joined Microsoft as General Manager to lead MSN in China.
- In 2007, he joined Mozilla to found Mozilla Online Ltd.
Read more about this topic: Li Gong
Famous quotes containing the word biography:
“A great biography should, like the close of a great drama, leave behind it a feeling of serenity. We collect into a small bunch the flowers, the few flowers, which brought sweetness into a life, and present it as an offering to an accomplished destiny. It is the dying refrain of a completed song, the final verse of a finished poem.”
—André Maurois (18851967)
“As we approached the log house,... the projecting ends of the logs lapping over each other irregularly several feet at the corners gave it a very rich and picturesque look, far removed from the meanness of weather-boards. It was a very spacious, low building, about eighty feet long, with many large apartments ... a style of architecture not described by Vitruvius, I suspect, though possibly hinted at in the biography of Orpheus.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)