Filipino LGBT Organizations
- Barangay Los Angeles: Barangay Los Angeles, or Barangay LA, is the oldest, most established Filipino LGBT organization in the United States currently serving the Los Angeles Filipino LGBTQ community.
- PUP Kabaro: a leading gender equality activist organization at the Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- UP Babaylan: Established in 1992, UP Babaylan is the first LGBT student organization in the Philippines. They remain as the only LGBT support and advocacy student group in the University of the Philippines Diliman (Metro Manila)
- Doll House: group for open-minded individuals based in the Ateneo de Manila University
- ProGay: gay rights organization (Metro Manila)
- Lesbian and Gay Legislative Advocacy Network (LAGABLAB)
- Can’t Live in the Closet: lesbian activist group (Metro Manila)
- Lesbian Advocates Philippines (LeAP) (Metro Manila)
- Lunduyan ng Sining ("Sanctuary of Art"): registered lesbian arts organization providing a venue for lesbians to showcase their art; it has produced a lesbian literary and art folio entitled What These Hands Can Do and regularly holds monthly music, film or art performances at Mag:net Katipunan, Quezon City
- IWAG: gay social support group (Davao City)
- Northern Samar LGBT Community (NSLGBT): (Northern Samar)
- GAHUM: gay support and advocacy (Cebu City)
- Rainbow Rights Project (R-Rights): an NGO that serves as a legal & policy think tank dedicated to LGBT issues
- Society of Transsexual WOMEN of the Philippines (STRAP) (Metro Manila)
- PinoyFTM: The first organization for transsexual and transgender men in the Philippines. PinoyFTM is based in Metro Manila but has members from all over the country.
- Order of St. Aelred: spiritual gay center (Metro Manila)
- AKOD: gay support group (Davao Oriental State College of Science and Technology)
- Gorgeous and Young (GAY): gay support group
- Philippine Forum on Sports, Culture, Sexuality and Human Rights (TEAM PILIPINAS): promoting human rights, sexual and gender diversity and equality through sports, culture and recreation (Philippines and global)
- UPLB Babaylan: student LGBT organization and support group at the University of the Philippines Los Baños; promotes gender equality within the university, among the student body, and beyond; holds activities such as Pink Flicks (a film festival showing movies which revolve around gender issues), symposia, educational discussions and tie-ups with other LGBT organizations
- Task Force Pride (TFP) Philippines: is a network of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) groups and individuals, as well as LGBT-friendly groups/individuals, that seeks to promote positive visibility for the LGBT community. Founded in 1999, it is the official organizing network of the annual Pride March.
- Pinoy Pride Vancouver (PPV): Filipino-Canadian LGBTQ group aims to increase visibility, raise awareness & acceptance and to provide a safe & respectful space for its members, family, friends and allies (Vancouver, BC)
- LGBTS Christian Church is a family-oriented, progressive, ecumenical community of faith of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and straight people in Quezon City.
Read more about this topic: LGBT In The Philippines
Main Site Subjects