- Holy Thursday - Procession of Our Father Jesus of Nazareth and Holy Mary of Sorrows.
- Holy Friday in the afternoon - The "Funeral" procession.
- Holy Friday in the night - The "Silence" procession.
- Holy Friday at 6:00 am - Our Lord leaves from the Church of Our Lady of the Assumption of Letur and walks through the streets of the old town, afterwards Our Lady leaves, to cross the path of our Lord in the Plaza Mayor, where the "encounter" takes place.
- Resurrection Sunday - Letur's "Las Cortesias" Procession. This famous celebration is held in the Plaza Mayor and white doves are released. The procession starts at around 11:30 a.m., first Our Lady of Sorrows leaves dressed in mourning, she passes behind the Town Hall and the Arc of Moreras and climbs up to the Plaza Mayor. At the same time Our Father also comes from this church to the Plaza Mayor where the meeting takes place, followed by the anthem of Spain.
The Town Walls
Casa en la roca
Coordinates: 38°22′N 2°06′W / 38.367°N 2.1°W / 38.367; -2.1
Other articles related to "holy week, holy, week":
... On each day of Holy Week there is a reading of the Gospel at Matins, covering the theme of that day Great and Holy Monday Matthew 2118-43—The Withering of the Fig Tree, Parable of the Two Sons (Parables of Jesus ... On Great and Holy Saturday the Matins Gospel is not read in its normal place, but is read near the end of the service before the litanies and Dismissal ...
... Semanta Santa (Holy Week) The Holy Week festivities are amongst the most popular celebrations in Alcantarilla ... The Holy Week processions consist of the marching of colourful brotherhoods bearing elaborate sculptured scenes depicting the most important events in the life of Jesus from the ...
... liturgical tradition, such as Lutherans, observe Holy Week much as the Roman Catholic Church does ... Of Protestant fellowships, perhaps the Holy Week services (Passion Week) of the Moravian Church are the most extensive, as the Congregation follows the life of Christ through His final week in daily services dedicated ... ceremony on Maundy Thursday, for others it may be the only time in the year when Holy Communion is celebrated, other churches celebrate versions of the Jewish Passover at this time ...
... Holy Week (Maltese il-Ġimgħa Mqaddsa) starts on Palm Sunday (Ħadd il-Palm) and ends on Easter Sunday (Ħadd il-Għid) ...
... reform under Pius XII was the promulgation of a new rite of Holy Week, which significantly changed the most important ceremonies in the Roman liturgy ... of the new ad experimentum Easter Vigil, Pius XII promulgated new liturgies for Holy Week in the decree Maxima Redemptionis (November 19, 1955) ... above, the rites for Palm Sunday, Holy Thursday and Good Friday were also greatly modified ...
Famous quotes containing the words week and/or holy:
“Glorious, stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! Here todayin next week tomorrow! Villages skipped, towns and cities jumpedalways somebody elses horizons! O bliss! O poop- poop! O my! O my!”
—Kenneth Grahame (18591932)
“Now the birth of Jesus the Messiah took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been engaged to Joseph, but before they lived together, she was found to be with child from the Holy Spirit. Her husband Joseph, being a righteous man and unwilling to expose her to public disgrace, planned to dismiss her quietly.”
—Bible: New Testament, Matthew 1:18,19.