The Lehigh County Historical Society administers several historical sites in the region:
- Claussville One-Room Schoolhouse (1893) – This brick One-room schoolhouse was the last in Lehigh County. 2917 Route 100, north of Fogelsville.
- Haines Mill Museum (ca. 1850, rebuilt 1909) – Working grist mill. 3600 Dorney Park Road, Cetronia, South Whitehall Township.
- Lockridge Furnace Museum (1868) – 19th century ironworks, now a museum and park dedicated to the anthracite iron industry. 525 Franklin Street, Alburtis.
- Saylor Cement Industry Museum (1893) – Cement kilns built by David O. Saylor, father of the American Portland cement industry. North Second Street, Coplay.
- Trout Hall (1770) – Colonial stone mansion. Home of James Allen, son of Allentown's founder, William Allen. 4th & Walnut Streets, Allentown.
- Troxell-Steckel Farm Museum (1756) – Pennsylvania German stone farmhouse, one of Lehigh County's oldest structures. 4229 Reliance Street, off Route 329, Village of Egypt, Whitehall Township.
Read more about this topic: Lehigh County Historical Society
Other articles related to "historic sites, historic":
... Cemetery Appleby Library Partridge Inn — historic hotel that opened in 1860, many northerners stayed to escape the winters of the North (open to this day) Stephen ...
... List of Missouri state park and historic sites Protected Areas of Missouri Federal National Monuments George Washington Carver National Historic Sites Harry S Truman Ulysses S ... Trail of Tears Van Meter Wakonda Wallace Washington Watkins Woolen Mill Weston Bend State Historic Sites Arrow Rock Battle of Athens Battle of Carthage Battle of Lexington Thomas Hart ...
... Guam Puerto Rico Virgin Islands Protected Areas of Illinois Federal National Historic Sites Chicago Portage Lincoln Home National Forests Shawnee National Wildlife Refuges Chautauqua Crab Orchard Cypress ... Stratton Wolf Creek State Historic Sites List of Illinois State Historic Sites State Forests Big River Hidden Springs Lowden-Miller Sand Ridge Trail of Tears State ...
... This is a list of Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments in South Los Angeles, California, USA ... In total, there are over 144 Historic-Cultural Monuments (HCM) in the South Los Angeles area, which includes the historic West Adams, Exposition Park, and University of ... It also includes historic sites in Watts (including Simon Rodia's Watts Towers), Baldwin Hills, Crenshaw, Jefferson Park, and Leimert Park ...
Famous quotes containing the word historic:
“We are becoming like cats, slyly parasitic, enjoying an indifferent domesticity. Nice and snug in the social our historic passions have withdrawn into the glow of an artificial cosiness, and our half-closed eyes now seek little other than the peaceful parade of television pictures.”
—Jean Baudrillard (b. 1929)