Notable Former Labour Students Officers Include:
- John Mann (Chair 1983 and 1984) - MP for Bassetlaw.
- Sarah Boyack (Chair 1985) - MSP for the Lothian Region.
- Ben Lucas (Chair 1986) - Former special adviser to Jack Straw.
- Simon Buckby (Chair 1989) - Former adviser to John Prescott and then advertising director for Labour's 1997 election campaign.
- Paul Richards (Chair 1990) - Former Special Adviser to Hazel Blears and parliamentary candidate for the seats of Lewes (2001) and Billericay (1997).
- Tom Watson (Chair 1992) - Labour MP for West Bromwich East.
- Michael Dugher (Chair 1997) - MP for Barnsley East.
- Patrick Diamond (Chair 1998) - Former special adviser to Peter Mandelson and Tony Blair, Director of Policy at the Equality and Human Rights Commission.
- Ellie Reeves (Chair 2002) - Trade Union lawyer and member of the Labour Party's National Executive Committee.
- Jacqui Smith - First female Home Secretary.
- Caroline Flint (Women's Officer 1982-1984) - Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government.
- Gloria De Piero - Former television presenter and MP for Ashfield.
- John Woodcock - MP for Barrow and Furness.
- Blair McDougall - Former Special Adviser to James Purnell and Director of the Better Together campaign.
- Rob Minshull (National Secretary 1986) - Broadcaster.
- Jonathan Ashworth (National Secretary 2000) - Former Deputy Political Secretary to Gordon Brown and MP for Leicester South.
Famous quotes containing the words officers, notable, labour and/or students:
“I sometimes compare press officers to riflemen on the Sommemowing down wave upon wave of distortion, taking out rank upon rank of supposition, deduction and gossip.”
—Bernard Ingham (b. 1932)
“a notable prince that was called King John;
And he ruled England with main and with might,
For he did great wrong, and maintained little right.”
—Unknown. King John and the Abbot of Canterbury (l. 24)
“A mans labour is not only his capital but his life. When it passes it returns never more. To utilise it, to prevent its wasteful squandering, to enable the poor man to bank it up for use hereafter, this surely is one of the most urgent tasks before civilisation.”
—William Booth (18291912)
“Members of the faculty, faculty members, students of Huxley and Huxley students. I guess that covers everything.”
—S.J. Perelman, U.S. screenwriter, Bert Kalmar, Harry Ruby, and Norman Z. McLeod. Professor Quincy Adams Wagstaff (Groucho Marx)