The following is an incomplete list of notable La Salle Institute alumni:
- Dr. Joseph J. Bulmer: Nuclear engineer and President of Hudson Valley Community College from 1979 to 1996.
- William L. Carley (1930): Mayor of Troy, NY from 1984 to 1985.
- Robert D. Carlson, P.E.: Mayor of Watervliet, New York from 1996 until 2007.
- Pat M. Casale: New York State Assemblyman for the 108th Assembly District from 1992 until 2006.
- Dr. Peter J. Cayan (1947): President of SUNY Institute of Technology from 1982 until 2002; the school's library now bears his name. He was president of North Country Community College from 1976 until 1982. Currently he is a member of La Salle's Board of Trustees.
- Robert T. Coonrod (1962): President and CEO of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) from 1997 to 2005.
- James V. Coffey (1896): Appointed as a Justice for the New York State Supreme Court in 1925.
- Bishop Howard J. Hubbard (1956): Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany from 1977 to the present.
- Guy Hebert: Hockey goalie, he played for 10 years in the National Hockey League and Team USA, including the 1997 NHL All-Star Game.
- Bishop Elias Manning (1956): Bishop of Valença, Brazil.
- Michael R. McNulty: Member of the United States House of Representatives from 1989 to 2009. Represented the 21st Congressional District of New York.
- Dr. Martin E. Sullivan: Director of the National Portrait Gallery of the Smithsonian Institution. Former Director of the New York State Museum.
- Scott Sicko (born January 30, 1988 in Albany, New York) is an American football tight end for the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League. He was signed by the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2010. He played college football at New Hampshire, and played high school football at Lasalle Institute. Sicko made 70 receptions as a tight end for 1,449 yards and 25 touchdowns his first year there. He also played defensive end, recording 103 tackles and 14.5 sacks his senior year. He led his team to a state Section 2 Class AA championship in 2005. He was named second team all-state at defensive end.
Read more about this topic: La Salle Institute
Other articles related to "notable alumni, alumni":
... Polytechnic Institute of New York University has more than 44,000 alumni throughout the United States and in 55 countries around the world ... NYU-Poly's alumni include inventors, scientists, business leaders, entrepreneurs, politicians, country presidents, university presidents and academic leaders among others ... Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), are alumni ...
Famous quotes containing the word notable:
“a notable prince that was called King John;
And he ruled England with main and with might,
For he did great wrong, and maintained little right.”
—Unknown. King John and the Abbot of Canterbury (l. 24)