La Salle Green Hills

La Salle Green Hills ("LSGH") is a private Catholic school exclusively for boys located on Ortigas Avenue, Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila, Philippines. It is run by the Roman Catholic Brothers of the Christian Schools- Philippine District. It was established in 1959 by the De La Salle Brothers led by the late Brother H. Gabriel Connon FSC of then De La Salle College Manila primarily to provide more grade school slots to the then very popular De La Salle Grade School (1911–1984) in Taft Avenue, Manila.

La Salle Green Hills offers elementary education, and secondary education.

La Salle Green Hills is the fifth oldest campus of De La Salle Philippines, the association of all Lasallian institutions in the Philippines, after De La Salle University in Manila (1911), De La Salle Araneta University in Malabon City (1946), University of St. La Salle in Bacolod (1952), and the La Salle Academy in Iligan (1958).

La Salle Green Hills was given a clean seven-year accreditation by the PAASCU in 1991 and 1998, thus making it the first high school institution in the Philippines with this distinction. Both Grade School and High School departments of La Salle Green Hills were awarded Level III accreditation—the highest possible level—by the PAASCU and FAAP.

Read more about La Salle Green HillsHistory, Campus, Adult Night High School, School Emblem, Notable Alumni

Other articles related to "la salle green hills, la salle":

La Salle Green Hills - Notable Alumni
... Bernard Oca FSC (DLS-GS 1967, LSGH-HS 1971, DLSU 1974)—De La Salle Christian Brother Robert Ortega (LSGH-HS 1992)—actor, Manila councilor Francis Pangilinan—politician/senator Ralph Recto—polit ...

Famous quotes containing the words hills, green and/or salle:

    The scenery of mountain towns is commonly too much crowded. A town which is built on a plain of some extent, with an open horizon, and surrounded by hills at a distance, affords the best walks and views.
    Henry David Thoreau (1817–1862)

    Just across the Green from the post office is the county jail, seldom occupied except by some backwoodsman who has been intemperate; the courthouse is under the same roof. The dog warden usually basks in the sunlight near the harness store or the post office, his golden badge polished bright.
    —Administration for the State of Con, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)

    Green, green is El Aghir. It has a railway station,
    And the wealth of its soil has borne many another fruit:
    A mairie, a school and an elegant Salle de Fetes.
    Such blessings, as I remarked, in effect, to the waiter,
    Are added unto them that have plenty of water.
    Norman Cameron (b. 1905)