Sports Teams and Leagues
- Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League who play at the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium Complex
- Kitchener Panthers of the Intercounty Baseball League who play at Jack Couch Park
- Kitchener Dutchmen of the Ontario Hockey Association who play at the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium Complex
- KW Braves Jr. A Lacrosse of the Ontario Lacrosse Association who play at the Waterloo Rec Centre.
- KW Kodiaks Lacrosse of the Major Series Lacrosse who play at the Waterloo Rec Centre.
- Kitchener and District Soccer League, a semi-pro men's soccer league with teams from Kitchener and other surrounding cities
- Kitchener Fastball League contains 14 teams and plays at Budd Park
- Kitchener Minor Hockey Association (KMHA) which helps thousands of children play recreational and house league hockey
- Dutch Boy Drum and Bugle Corps division III Drum and Bugle Corps
- Tri-City Titans of the NAFL who play at the Centennial Stadium, which is also part of the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium Complex
- Tri-City Outlaws of the Northern Football Conference who play at Rogers Field in Cambridge are made up of players from Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, and Guelph
- Kitchener Waterloo Dragons, Indoor field hockey club
- Region of Waterloo Tigers Volleyball Club, a member of the Ontario Volleyball Association that provides youth with both a developmental program as well as competitive teams in Kitchener, Waterloo and surrounding areas. Founded in 1978. For more information go to: http://waterlootigersvbc.org/
- Kitchener-Waterloo Predators Volleyball Club, provides youth volleyball programing within the Ontario Volleyball Association
- There are two lawn bowling clubs in Kitchener: Heritage Greens LBC and Kitchener LBC which both function as part of District 7 of the Ontario Lawn Bowling Association. Both clubs offer programs for all ages.
- Kitchener klassics KMGSA girls softball/fastball league
- Kitchener-Waterloo Asahi Judo Club established in 1967, who practice out of the Twin Cities Gymnastics and Judo Training Center
- Chicopee Ski Club, member of Alpine Ontario South, home club of various junior and adult alpine ski racing teams
Read more about this topic: Kitchener, Ontario
Other articles related to "sports teams and leagues, team, sports, league, sports teams, teams, sport":
... From grades 7-12 they are on the travel team (Eagles) ... In high school sports, Sharon is part of the Hockomock league ...
... Club League Venue Established Championships Normal CornBelters FL Baseball The Corn Crib 2009 Illinois State Redbirds Illinois State University Sports Teams Heartland Hawks Heartland CC ...
... A total of 22 teams were invited to participate in the 2005 Giro d'Italia ... Twenty of the teams were UCI ProTour teams, while Ceramica Panaria-Navigare and Colombia-Selle Italia were the wild card teams invited by the organizers ... Each team sent a squad of nine riders, so the Giro began with a peloton of 198 cyclists ...
... this tournament were placed into groups of four with the top three teams in each group advancing to the qualifying round ... Teams which finished last in the group were sent to the relegation round where the top bottom teams were relegated to the 2007 Division I tournament ... The qualifying round teams were split into two groups of six with the top four advancing to the playoff round, and the bottom two eliminated from advancing ...
... CBU is represented in the Atlantic University Sport (AUS) association by the Cape Breton University Capers ... Men's teams include basketball and soccer, while women's teams include basketball, soccer and volleyball teams ... Both women and men's team use the Caper logo and mascot and wear school color orange uniforms ...
Famous quotes containing the words leagues, sports and/or teams:
“Only be admonished by what you already see, not to strike leagues of friendship with cheap persons, where no friendship can be. Our impatience betrays us into rash and foolish alliances which no God attends.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“Short of a wholesale reform of college athleticsa complete breakdown of the whole system that is now focused on money and powerthe womens programs are just as doomed as the mens are to move further and further away from the academic mission of their colleges.... We have to decide if thats the kind of success for womens sports that we want.”
—Christine H. B. Grant, U.S. university athletic director. As quoted in the Chronicle of Higher Education, p. A42 (May 12, 1993)
“A sturdy lad from New Hampshire or Vermont who in turn tries all the professions, who teams it, farms it, peddles, keeps a school, preaches, edits a newspaper, goes to Congress, buys a township, and so forth, in successive years, and always like a cat falls on his feet, is worth a hundred of these city dolls. He walks abreast with his days and feels no shame in not studying a profession, for he does not postpone his life, but lives already.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)