Kitab (Arabic: کتاب) is the Arabic word for book. The word is also used in the Persian, Hindi, Nepali, Azerbaijani, Kazakh, Punjabi, Urdu, Assamese (as "kitap"), Swahili (as "kitabu"), and Turkish (as "kitap") languages and in some contexts in Greek ("κιτάπι"). It is part of titles of many Arabic language books. Some prominent examples are:
- Al-Kitab - a reference to itself in Qur'an, also called "Kitabullah", The book of God. In Indonesian the word refers to the Bible.
- Kitab al-Aghani - The Book of Songs
- Kitab al-Buldan - Book of Lands
- Kitab al-Hiyal - The Book of Ingenious Devices
- Kitab al Majmu - Book of the Sum Total
- Kitab Ash-Shifa bi ta'rif huquq al-Mustafa - Healing by the recognition of the Rights of the Chosen one
- Kitab al-Musiqi al-Kabir - Great Book of Music
- Kitab al-Tabikh - The Book of Dishes
- Kitáb-i-Aqdas - Most Holy Book, the central book of the Bahá'í Faith.
- Kitáb-i-Íqán - Book of Certitude regarded as Bahá'u'lláh's primary theological work.
- Kitab al Khazari - Book of the Khazars, Dialogues between the Khazar King and a religious sage, originally written in Arabic in Medieval Spain, but since translated into Hebrew and English, perhaps incorrectly so. The original Arabic version has been lost, and therefore there is no way to validate the accuracy of the Hebrew translation, which occurred 700 years after the work was originally written in Arabic.
Other articles related to "kitab":
... Kitab al-Kharaj, his most famous work, is a treatise on taxation and fiscal problems of the state prepared for the caliph ... Kitab al-Athar, a collection of traditions (ahadith) he narrated Kitab Ikhtilaf Abi Hanifa wa Ibn Abi Layla, one of the early works on comparative Fiqh Kitab al-Radd ‘Ala Siyar ...
... Kitab-Verlag is a publishing house in Klagenfurt, Austria ... “Kitab” is the Arabic word for “book” and "Verlag" is German for "publishing house" ...
... Kitab fi Tafsir al-Quran al-Karim (An exegesis of the Quran) ... Kitab al-Nawadir (A Book on the rare things) ... Kitab al-Zuhd (A Book on Asceticism) ...
... Al-Esna fi Sherh al-asma al-Husna Kitab-üt-Tezkar fi Efdal-il-Ezkar Kitabü Şerh-it-Tekassi Kitabü Kam-il-Hırs biz-Zühdi vel-Kanaati Et-Takrib ...