- Fellow, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Fellow, American Association for Artificial Intelligence (AAAI)
- Founding Editor-in-Chief, the journal Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems
- Recipient, 2002 ACM/SIGART Agents Research Award
- Recipient, Outstanding Alumnus Award from the University of Wisconsin–Madison in 2005
- Member, Scientific Advisory Board of France Telecom
- Member, Scientific Advisory Board of the Greek National Center of Scientific Research "Demokritos" Information Technology Division
- Program Chair, The Second International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2003)
- General Chair, The Second International Conference on Autonomous Agents (Agents 98)
- Chair, The Steering Committee of the Agents Conference (1999–2001)
- Scholarship chair, AAAI (1993–1999)
- Member, AAAI Executive Council (1996–99)
- Invited Expert, W3C (the World Wide Web Consortium) Working Group on Web Services Architecture
- Member, OASIS Technical committee on the development of UDDI (Universal Description and Discovery for Interoperability) software which is an industry standard
- Founding member, the Board of Directors of the International Foundation of Multiagent Systems (IFMAS)
- Founding member, the Semantic Web Science Association
- US co-chair, the US-Europe Semantic Web Services Initiative
- Editor-in-Chief, the Springer Series on Agents
- Member of the Editorial Board, the Kluwer book series on "Multiagent Systems, Artificial Societies and Simulated Organizations"
- Area Editor of AI and Management Science, the journal "Group Decision and Negotiation"
- Member of the editorial board, the journals "Agent Oriented Software Engineering", "Web Intelligence and Agent Technologies", "Journal of Infonomics", "Fundamenda Informaticae", and "Concurrent Engineering: Research and Applications"
- Member of the editorial board of the "ETAI journal on the Semantic Web" (1998–2001), on the Editorial Board of "IEEE Intelligent Systems and their Applications" (1992–1996), and "AI in Engineering" (1990–1996).
Read more about this topic: Katia Sycara
Other articles related to "professional activities, professionals, activities":
... counseling or career guidance includes a wide spread of professional activities which focus on supporting people in dealing with career-related challenges - both preventively and in ... life, such as adolescents seeking to explore career options, experienced professionals contemplating a career change, parents who want to return to the world of work after taking time ... Several approaches have been undertaken to systemize the variety of professional activities related to career guidance and counseling ...
... Jason has served on the editorial boards of journals including Prevention in Human Services, 1986-1995 renamed Journal of Prevention and Intervention in the Community, 1996-present ... Journal of Community Psychology, 1983-1986, 2007-present ...
... Administrative activities Creation of "Somali Studies" in France and Europe edition of collected works ...
Famous quotes containing the words activities and/or professional:
“When mundane, lowly activities are at stake, too much insight is detrimentalfar-sightedness errs in immediate concerns.”
—Franz Grillparzer (17911872)
“The professional must learn to be moved and touched emotionally, yet at the same time stand back objectively: Ive seen a lot of damage done by tea and sympathy.”
—Anthony Storr (b. 1920)