Kampong Tralach District

Kampong Tralach District (Khmer: ស្រុកកំពង់ត្រឡាច) is a district (srok) in the south east of Kampong Chhnang Province, in central Cambodia. The district capital is Kampong Tralach town located 37 kilometres south of the provincial capital of Kampong Chhnang by road. The district shares a border with Kandal province to the south and Kampong Cham province to the east. The Tonle Sap river runs through the district crossing roughly from north to south.

The district has significant road infrastructure and National Highway 5 which runs from Phnom Penh to Poipet crosses the district from north to south. Kampong Tralach District is one of the smaller districts in Kampong Chhnang province by land area but has one of the largest district populations in the province due to well irrigated land and good transport infrastructure. National Road 138 starts at Kampong Tralach and runs across the district to its terminus at Chleb in Tuek Phos district. Numerous smaller tertiary roads run either to the nearby national railway line or to the Tonle Sap.

Read more about Kampong Tralach DistrictAncient Capital, Location, Administration, Demographics

Other articles related to "kampong tralach district, kampong tralach, district, kampong":

Communes Of Cambodia - Kampong Chhnang Province - Kampong Tralach District
... Ampil Tuek Chhuk Sa Chres Kampong Tralach Longveaek Ou Ruessei Peani Saeb Ta Ches Thma Edth ...
Kampong Tralach District - Demographics
... According to the 1998 Census, the population of the district was 74,541 persons in 14,422 households in 1998 ... With a population of over 70,000 people, Kampong Tralach has one of the largest district populations in Kampong Chhnang province, only Rolea B'ier is larger ... The average household size in Kampong Tralach is 5.2 persons per household, which is exactly the rural average for Cambodia ...

Famous quotes containing the word district:

    Most works of art, like most wines, ought to be consumed in the district of their fabrication.
    Rebecca West (1892–1983)