John Shields may refer to:
- John Shields (explorer) (1769–1809), Member of the Lewis and Clark Expedition
- John Shields (chef), American chef, food writer, and host of the PBS television show Coastal Cooking with John Shields
- John Shields (mayor) (born 1944), mayor of Nyack, New York
- John Shields (Texas politician) (born 1955), Texas state representative from San Antonio, 1993–2003
- John K. Shields (1858–1934), U.S. Senator from Tennessee
- John V. Shields (born 1930), CEO of Trader Joes, 1988–2001
- Jack Shields (1929–2004), Canadian politician
Other articles related to "john shields, shields":
... John Shields is an American chef, food writer, and host of the PBS television show Coastal Cooking with John Shields ... Shields is a native of Baltimore, Maryland ... Shields is an expert in regional American coastal cuisine, and in particular the cuisine of his native Chesapeake Bay region ...
... Shields is a surname of Gaelic-Irish origin ... Brooke Shields, American actress Carol Shields, American author Carol Shields (ophthalmologist) (née Lally), American doctor Clayton Shields, American basketball ... Shields, U.S ...
Famous quotes containing the words shields and/or john:
“A man who publishes his letters becomes a nudistnothing shields him from the worlds gaze except his bare skin. A writer, writing away, can always fix himself up to make himself more presentable, but a man who has written a letter is stuck with it for all time.”
—E.B. (Elwyn Brooks)
“This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
—Bible: New Testament Matthew, 3:17.
A voice from heaven, following the baptism of Jesus by John the Baptist.