John Barton may refer to:
- John Barton (director) (born 1928), English theatre director and founding member of the Royal Shakespeare Company
- John Barton (economist) (1789–1852), English economist
- John Barton (engineer) (1771–1834), engineer noted for his engravings using his Ruling Engine
- John Barton (footballer) (1866–1910), English international football player
- John Barton (footballer born 1953), English football player
- John Barton (poet) (born 1957), Canadian poet
- John Barton (Quaker) (1755–1789), abolitionist
- John Barton (rugby league), rugby league footballer of the 1950s and '60s for Great Britain, and Wigan
- John Barton (theologian) (born 1948), theologian and professor
- John Barton (writer), 15th century writer on Lollardy
- John Barton (basketball), Canadian basketball player and former member of the Canada national men's basketball team
- John J. Barton (1906–2004), Mayor of Indianapolis
- John Barton (MP) (1614–1684), English lawyer and politician who sat in the House of Commons in 1659 and 1660
- John Barton (died 1569) (by 1516-1569), MP for Oxford
- John Rhea Barton (1794–1871), American orthopedic surgeon
- John Kennedy Barton (1853–1921), Rear Admiral in the United States Navy
- John Saxon Barton (1875–1961), New Zealand accountant, writer, lawyer, magistrate and public administrator
Read more about John Barton: Characters
Other articles related to "john barton, barton, john":
... John Barton (Emmerdale), a fictional character in British soap Emmerdale John Barton, a fictional character in Mrs ... Gaskell's short story Mary Barton John Barton, a fictional character in Looking for Alibrandi ...
... It features director John Barton, then a leading light of the Royal Shakespeare Company, putting a host of actors through their paces ... be read in the book "Playing Shakespeare" by John Barton ... Sessions (USA 19??) was an American spin-off from Playing Shakespeare (above) in which John Barton directs notable American actors in Shakespeare scenes ...
... John Barton, played by James Thornton, made his first on screen appearance on 17 July 2009 ... John and his family are part of a new farming dynasty, who took over running Butler's Farm from the Sugden family ... Speaking of his new role, Thornton said "John is great because he is a farmer, a proper bloke ...
1987 - Christopher Levenson, Arriving at Night 1988 - John Barton, West of Darkness 1989 - Patrick White, Habitable Planets 1990 - Gary Geddes, No Easy Exit 1991 - George Elliott ...
... An example of the latter are "Barton's Buttons", which were gold buttons stamped with a hard steel die on which Barton cut hexagonal patterns ... Sir John Barton served as deputy comptroller of the Royal Mint in the early part of the nineteenth century and later as Treasurer to Queen Adelaide ... After his death, his wife Ann gave John Harrison's last pendulum clock to the Royal Astronomical Society ...
Famous quotes containing the words barton and/or john:
“If woman alone had suffered under these mistaken traditions [of womens subordination], if she could have borne the evil by herself, it would have been less pitiful, but her brother man, in the laws he created and ignorantly worshipped, has suffered with her. He has lost her highest help; he has crippled the intelligence he needed; he has belittled the very source of his own being and dwarfed the image of his Maker.”
—Clara Barton (18211912)
“I, a poor peasant, have conquered science. Why cant I conquer love? Dont you understand? You must be mine, not his. You are mine.”
—P. J. Wolfson, John L. Balderston (18991954)