Jhojhu Kalan is a village in the Bhiwani district of Haryana, India.
Jhojhu Kalan is Jat-dominated village. Most of the Jats in village are Sangwans and this is one of the biggest Sangwan villages in the region.
Jhojhu Kalan represents 13 Sangwan villages under "Sangwan Chalisi (40)". The village has contributed many soldiers to Indian Army. It has common facilities including senior secondary school for boys and gals, a girls' college, a civil hospital, public schools, local telephone and mobile exchanges, several banks, electricity hub etc. It has three strong private senior secondary schools which are more famous these days which includes (Aray Senior secondary school, N.R.J. Senior secondary school and KCM senior secondary school). The village Surrounds a small hill in between which looks very beautiful and it has small market which is very famous in the area.
Villagers go on a hill outside the village for religious worship which they call "Dohla & Gufadhari".
Dohla is surrounded by other mountains which look very beautiful. Dada Dohla Temple is situated near Jhojhu which is worshipped by Sangwan clan in the region. Dada Dohla is believed to be Guru of Dada Sangu. The head priest in this temple was Baba Kishorinath who died few months back. Environment of the area is affected due to heavy mining in the area nowadays.
The area has many small and big aravali mountain range and famous for stone mining. There are hundreds of stone crushers in the area.
Jhojhu Kalan is surrounded by other Sangwan villages. Kalali and Balali are in the east. Gudana Kalan and Jhojhu Khurd in the West. Village Badal and Mehra in the North and Village Chandeni & Ramlwas in the south and village Rambaas in the west and town Dadri in the east.
Current Sarpanch of the village is Rajesh Sangwan.
NOTABLE PERSONS OF VILLAGE:-
- Sh. Subhash sangwan: He is presently chairman of Mahilla Mahavidlya (Girl's college)& is ret. joint labor commissioner. To educate girls he opened a girl's college in village. His desire and hard work had brought good educational environment in village.
- Late Major Amir Singh Sangwan from village had represented the area in joint Punjab - Haryana Vidhan Sabhas. He remained a Minister in Haryana Government Under his leadership, the village had got all modern amneties in the village around 50 years ago.
- Late Smt Lazza Rani Sangwan wife of Chaudhary Amir Singh from this village had represented the area in Haryana State Assembly.
- Ch Ravinder Sangwan (Ravi)- son of Late Sh Major Amir Singh Sangwan. He was instrumental in Kisan Movements and contested many MLA elections from Badhra constituency.
- Master Kuldeep Sangwan - Educationist & Director of Maharshi Dayanand Edu Society, Jhojhu Kalan the society currently running Arya Sr Sec School(CBSE affiliated), Arya college of Edu for B.ed., Arya Institute of Elementary Teachers Training for JBT/D.ed.,Arya College of distance education for traditional & professional courses, Arya Open School(NIOS affiliated).
Coordinates: 28°30′15″N 76°06′55″E / 28.50417°N 76.11528°E / 28.50417; 76.11528
|This Haryana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|