Histologically, IgA nephropathy may show mesangial widening and focal and segmental inflammation. Diffuse mesangial proliferation or crescentic glomerulonephritis may also be present. Immunoflourescence shows mesangial deposition of IgA often with C3 and properdin and smaller amounts of other immunoglobulins (IgG or IgM). Early components of the classical complement pathway (C1q or C4) are usually not seen. Electron microscopy confirms electron-dense deposits in the mesangium that may extend to the subendothelial area of adjacent capillary walls in a small subset of cases, usually those with focal proliferation.
Read more about this topic: IgA Nephropathy
Other articles related to "morphology":
... aspect of typical Neanderthalians features (morphology of eye-sockets and upper orbit osseous thickening, lack of canine fossa and presence of a clear edge ...
... The species lived in Asia and probably inhabited bamboo forests, since its fossils are often found alongside those of extinct ancestors of the panda ... Most evidence points to Gigantopithecus being a plant-eater ...
Morphology may mean:
- Morphology (linguistics), the study of the structure and content of word forms
- Morphology (biology), the study of the form or shape of an organism or part thereof
- Morphology (molecular), study of how the shape and form of molecules affect their chemical properties, dynamic reconfiguration and interactions
- Morphology (astronomy), the shape of astronomical objects such as nebulae, galaxies, or other extended objects
- Morphology (folkloristics), the structure of narratives such as folk tales
- Geomorphology, the study of landforms
- Mathematical morphology, a theoretical model based on lattice theory, used for digital image processing
- Morphology (Architecture and Engineering), a research, which is based on theories of two dimensional and three dimensional symmetries, and then uses these geometries for planning buildings and structures.
- River morphology, the field of science dealing with changes of river platform
- Urban morphology, the study of growth and development of functions in cities
- Morphological analysis (disambiguation)
- Morphology (materials science), the study of shape, size, texture and phase distribution of physical objects.
- Morphology (ideology), the study of the conceptual structure of ideologies, and the rules defining the admissibility of meanings into concepts.
- Morphology (journal), ISSN 1871-5621
... seeding, was developed to control the bulk morphology of chemically synthesized electronic organic polymers ... Conventional synthesis yields polyaniline having granular morphology ... by 2-4 mg (seed quantities) of added nanofibers, the bulk morphology changes dramatically from granular to nano-fibrillar ...
Famous quotes containing the word morphology:
“I ascribe a basic importance to the phenomenon of language.... To speak means to be in a position to use a certain syntax, to grasp the morphology of this or that language, but it means above all to assume a culture, to support the weight of a civilization.”
—Frantz Fanon (19251961)