- Magyar Képregény Fesztivál - Hungarian Comics Festival. (since 2005) Annual - supposedly the biggest - event every spring, organized by the Hungarian Comic Publishers' Association. The event's main focus is on the programs (debates, meeting artists, presentations, movies, etc.). The association’s prize, Alfabéta is also announced during the festival.
- Képregény Börze – Comics Exchange Market. These events can be regarded as the most fan oriented events, which explains, why these comics markets are frequently mistranslated to comic-cons (comic-book conventions). On these events anyone (fans, retailers, publishers) is allowed to sell their own used or new comics. They are held twice a year (spring and fall). The first was held in 2001.
- Hungarocomix. A fair showcasing the publishers’ yearly work and products, also organized by the Hungarian Comic Publishers' Association. Usually it takes place a few weeks before Christmas. In 2010 it was merged with the Christmas season anime, video game, role playing events in a large event hall, causing overall mixed critical responses.
- Szegedi Képregényfesztivál – Szeged Comics Festival (Since 2009) The only comics festival outside Budapest to reach higher attendance (in 2010 around 700 visitors) and favorable critical response. The festival is organized by the city library of Szeged and the local comics scene. Held in November.
- Caricature and Comics Auction (since 2005) Auction dedicated to comics and caricature original art. It is held every November in the Műcsarnok since 2005. 2010 was the first year when the auction was not held, although according to the organizers, kArton gallery, it is planned to continue in 2011.
Other articles related to "major events":
... ●1943 Established the Shuping Library, administration and activity centre Formation of Student Association Free medical consultation and treatment Haircut service, Cooperative discount outlet, Emergency loans to students, ●1944 Publication of monthly Newsletters. ...
Famous quotes containing the words events and/or major:
“The great events of life often leave one unmoved; they pass out of consciousness, and, when one thinks of them, become unreal. Even the scarlet flowers of passion seem to grow in the same meadow as the poppies of oblivion.”
—Oscar Wilde (18541900)
“Lets just call what happened in the eighties the reclamation of motherhood . . . by women I knew and loved, hard-driving women with major careers who were after not just babies per se or motherhood per se, but after a reconciliation with their memories of their own mothers. So having a baby wasnt just having a baby. It became a major healing.”
—Anne Taylor Fleming (20th century)