Advantages and Disadvantages
Building one's own computer affords tangible benefits compared to purchasing a mass-produced model, such as:
- Being able to choose exactly which components are to be used.
- Customizing the machine to the user's exact needs and preferences.
- Avoiding the advertising links, trial software, and other commission-driven additions and modifications that increasingly are made to mass-market computers prior to their being shipped.
- Ensure that one has all the individual driver and OS discs - many manufactured computers only come with one or two discs. one of which is the OS, and another is a "restore to factory condition" disc, which included all the "Bloatware" mentioned above. This inhibits latter modifiability (mentioned below).
- Being able to make modifications to the original build at a later date with little hassle.
- May be less expensive than a mass-manufactured PC, especially if extensive customization is desired.
- Enjoyment, personal satisfaction, and educational experience.
For the general public, however, the lack of technical support and warranty protection (other than what is provided by the individual component and software manufacturers) may be a significant disadvantage. However, a person who is capable of designing and building a PC will most likely have sufficient knowledge and technical know-how to maintain his or her system, and will require little support from manufacturers.
Read more about this topic: Homebuilt Computer
Other articles related to "advantages and disadvantages, advantages, disadvantages, advantage":
... Some advantages of SQLJ over JDBC include SQLJ commands tend to be shorter than equivalent JDBC programs ... Disadvantages include SQLJ requires a preprocessing step ...
... They state the following advantages and disadvantages Advantages Student work is more motivated, efficient, active and intensive due to lowered inhibitions and an increased sense of purpose By eliminating the ... abilities reliability presentation and moderation skills self-confidence Disadvantages The introduction of the method requires a lot of time ...
... Banknotes have a natural advantage over coins in that they are lighter to carry but are also less durable ... The different disadvantages between coins and banknotes imply that there may be an ongoing role for both forms of bearer money, each being used where its advantages outweigh its disadvantages ...
... A major advantage of C4 is that it can easily be molded into any desired shape ... C4 can be pressed into gaps, cracks, holes and voids in buildings, bridges, equipment or machinery ...
Famous quotes containing the word advantages:
“To become aware in time when young of the advantages of age; to maintain the advantages of youth in old age: both are pure fortune.”
—Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (17491832)