Noted celebrities with connections to the Haywards Heath area include:
- Mathew Bose (actor), best known for playing Paul Lambert in ITV 1's Emmerdale, grew up in Haywards Heath and attended Haywards Heath Sixth Form College.
- Kaya Scodelario (actress/model), best known for playing the role of beautiful but troubled Effy Stonem on the double BAFTA-winning UK TV show Skins, was born in Haywards Heath.
- Professor Sir Jack E. Baldwin. Organic Chemist.
- Brett Anderson. Suede Singer/Songwriter, lived in Newton Court Lindfield, and attended Oathall School and Haywards Heath Sixth Form College.
- Mat Osman. Suede Bassist, attended Oathall School and Haywards Heath Sixth Form College.
- Lawrence Osborne Novelist and Writer
- Robert Kazinsky. Actor, best known as Sean Slater in EastEnders.
- Matthew Waterhouse. Actor, best known as Adric in Doctor Who.
- Eddie Shah. Founder of Today newspaper, went to nearby Oathall School
- Frank Reginald Carey. War hero.
- David James. Author, Politician and Adventurer lived in nearby Wivelsfield Green whilst Conservative MP for Brighton Kemptown.
- Greta Scacchi. Actress, attended Haywards Heath Grammar School for a while.
- Leslie Ash and her husband Lee Chapman.
- Robert Slade Lucas. Cricketer who played for Middlesex, died in Franklands Village, Haywards Heath.
- Anna Sewell. Writer of Black Beauty, lived in New England Road.
- Daley Thompson. Olympic decathlete, was a member of Haywards Heath Harriers Athletics Club.
- Tommy Cook. England footballer, born in Cuckfield played for Haywards Heath F. C., Arsenal F. C..
- Samantha Marie Sprackling, more commonly known as Saffron. Lead singer of the electronica band Republica, attended Oathall School.
- Graham Moseley. Footballer. Goalkeeper for Brighton & Hove Albion F. C.. Lived in Northlands Avenue.
- Natasha Bedingfield. Singer-songwriter. Nominated for 4 BRIT awards and won 5 separate awards in other areas.
- George Billingham. Went to Oathall and is a Fanatic Fulham Fan.
In fiction, Haywards Heath is the home of the Jennings family.
Read more about this topic: Haywards Heath
Famous quotes containing the words residents and/or famous:
“Most of the folktales dealing with the Indians are lurid and romantic. The story of the Indian lovers who were refused permission to wed and committed suicide is common to many places. Local residents point out cliffs where Indian maidens leaped to their death until it would seem that the first duty of all Indian girls was to jump off cliffs.”
—For the State of Iowa, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)
“The humanity of famous intellectuals lies in being wrong with gracious courtesy when dealing with those who are not famous.”
—Friedrich Nietzsche (18441900)