Hayle

Hayle (Cornish: Heyl, meaning estuary) is a small town, civil parish and cargo port in west Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. It is situated at the mouth of the Hayle River (which discharges into St Ives Bay) and is approximately seven miles (11 km) northeast of Penzance.

Hayle parish was created in 1888 from part of the now defunct Phillack parish, with which it was later combined in 1935, and incorporated part of St Erth in 1937. The modern parish shares boundaries with St Ives to the west, St Erth to the south, Gwinear and Gwithian in the east, and is bounded to the north by the Celtic Sea.

Read more about HayleHayle Today, Local Government, Twinning, Notable Residents

Other articles related to "hayle":

Hayle - Notable Residents
... Jack" Cock DCM MM (14 November 1893 - 19 April 1966) Born in Hayle, had the distinction of being the first Cornishman to play football, and score, for the ... Moved to Hayle after retiring and later died there ...
Hayle Railway - General Description
... The Hayle Railway was opened on 29th December 1837 between Hayle and Portreath, with the remainder opening during 1838 ... copper and tin mines at Tresavean and Lanner, and it ran to wharves and a foundry at Hayle ... The line from Redruth to Hayle was 9 miles 44 chains in length Tresavean to Redruth Junction was 2 miles 55 chains the Portreath branch was 3 miles 6 chains the Hayle branch (on the ...
Places Around St Ives Bay
... Towns and villages Carbis Bay Connor Downs Gwithian Hayle Lelant Phillack St Erth St Ives Rivers The Red River River Hayle Other features Hayle Towans Godrevy Head Godrevy Lighthouse Hayle estuary Site of ...
Mining In Cornwall - Railways - Hayle Railway
... The Hayle Railway was an early Cornish railway, built to standard gauge, and opened in 1837 ... The railway served the engineering works and copper quays at Hayle with the copper mines of Redruth and Camborne carrying ore to the port and coal to the mines, before the ...
Paradise Park, Hayle - History
... Mike Reynolds purchased Glanmor House in Hayle in 1973 as a family home and a place to keep his collection of birds ...