Great Malvern Priory in Malvern, Worcestershire, England, was a Benedictine monastery c.1075-1540 and is now an Anglican parish church. It is designated a Grade I listed building by English Heritage and is a dominant building in the Great Malvern Conservation area. It has the largest display of 15th century stained glass in England, as well as carved miserichords from the 15th and 16th century and the largest collection of Medieval floor and wall tiles. In 1860 major restoration work was carried out by Sir George Gilbert Scott. It also the venue for concerts and civic services.
Read more about Great Malvern Priory: Architecture
Other articles related to "malvern, great malvern priory, great malvern":
... Leigh Sinton is a village in the Malvern Hills District in the county of Worcestershire, England, and one of the constituent places of the civil parish of Leigh and ... lies on the A4103 Worcester to Hereford road, about 5 miles out of Worcester, whilst Malvern is also about 5 miles away ... Smith End Green and shares a common border with the parish of Malvern.It has a village pub, a small corner shop and a chinese takeaway ...
... The campus located in Albert Road North, Malvern, was first constructed as Malvern Technical College and School of Art in 1928, and has been known as Malvern College of ... by the Wyvern Trust, which was formed 1982 to manage and maintain the existence of Malvern Hills College when the site was purchased by Malvern Hills ... art and crafts studios, workshops and the Malvern Community Learning Centre for adults ...
... Great Malvern Priory boasts a collection of over a thousand Medieval wall tiles ... The majority were made between 1453 and 1458 ...
... (formerly Bethlehem Teacher Training College) is located in the rural town of Malvern in the cool hills of St.Elizabeth ... Lionel Town Little London Lluidas Vale Lucea Lucky Hill Maggotty Malvern Manchioneal Mandeville Maroon Town Mavis Bank May Pen Moneague Moore Town Morant Bay Nain Negril Newcastle Ocho ...
... Malvern Hanley Road railway station was a station on the Midland Railway between Great Malvern and Evesham ... For most of its existence it was known on timetables as Malvern Wells MR to distinguish it from the nearby Great Western Railway Malvern Wells ...
Famous quotes containing the words priory and/or malvern:
“Blessing turned to blasphemies,
Holy deeds to despites.
Sin is where our Lady sat,
Heaven turned is to hell,
Sathan sits where our Lord did sway,
Walsingham, Oh farewell!”
—Unknown. A Lament for the Priory of Walsingham (l. 3944)
“Ye elms that wave on Malvern Hill
In prime of morn and May,
Recall ye how McClellans men
Here stood at bay?”
—Herman Melville (18191891)