Victoria Cross Recipients
- Pvt Thomas Beach (Crimean War, 1854)
- Ens Richard Wadeson (Indian Mutiny, 1857)
- Pvt Patrick Green (Indian Mutiny, 1857)
- C/Sgt Cornelius Coghlan (Indian Mutiny, 1857)
- Maj George White (Afghanistan, 1879)
- Lt W.H. Dick-Cunyngham (Afghanistan, 1879)
- Pvt Edward Lawson (India, 1897)
- Piper George Findlater (India, 1897)
- Capt Matthew Meiklejohn (Boer War, 1899)
- Sgt-Maj William Robertson (Boer War, 1899)
- Capt Ernest Towse (Boer War, 1900)
- L/Cpl J.F. Mackay (Boer War, 1900)
- Capt W.E. Gordon (Boer War, 1900)
- Capt D.R. Younger (Boer War, 1900)
- Drummer William Kenny (France, 1914)
- Lt J.A.O. Brooke (France, 1914)
- Pvt G.I. McIntosh (France, 1917)
- Lt A.E. Ker (France, 1918)
Read more about this topic: Gordon Highlanders
Other articles related to "cross, victoria cross recipients, victoria cross":
... Garden Kingsway The Mall Strand Charing Cross Whitehall London Waterloo South Bank Nearest stations To the east of the Charing Cross road junction is Charing ... The nearest London Underground stations are Charing Cross and Embankment ...
... The College has four Victoria Cross holders amongst its former pupils Duncan Charles Home (665) John Frederick McCrea (1545) Lewis Stratford Tollemache Halliday (2237) Herbert Wallace Le Patourel (3811) ...
... Charing Cross (/ˌtʃærɨŋ ˈkrɒs/) denotes the junction of the Strand, Whitehall and Cockspur Street, just south of Trafalgar Square in central London ... its name to several local landmarks, including Charing Cross railway station, one of the main London rail termini ... Charing Cross is named after the now demolished Eleanor cross that stood there, in what was once the hamlet of Charing ...
... Crux, or the Southern Cross, is a cross-shaped constellation in the Southern Hemisphere ... The tallest cross, at 152.4 metres high, is part of Francisco Franco's monumental "Valley of the Fallen", the Monumento Nacional de Santa Cruz del Valle de los Caidos in Spain ... A cross at the junction of Interstates 57 and 70 in Effingham, Illinois, is purportedly the tallest in the United States, at 198 feet (60.3 m) tall ...
Famous quotes containing the words recipients, victoria and/or cross:
“The proclamation and repetition of first principles is a constant feature of life in our democracy. Active adherence to these principles, however, has always been considered un-American. We recipients of the boon of liberty have always been ready, when faced with discomfort, to discard any and all first principles of liberty, and, further, to indict those who do not freely join with us in happily arrogating those principles.”
—David Mamet (b. 1947)
“The men who are grandfathers should be the fathers. Grandpas get to do it right with their grandchildren.”
—Anonymous Grandparent. As quoted in Women and Their Fathers, by Victoria Secunda, ch. 2 (1992)
“Life is a bridge. Cross over it, but build no house on it.”
—Indian proverb, quoted in Bruce Chatwin, The Songlines, ch. 30, From the Notebooks (1987)