Godolphin may refer to:
- Baron Godolphin, an English title of nobility
- Earl of Godolphin, an English title of nobility
- Godolphin and Latymer School, an independent boarding school for girls in London (formerly the Godolphin School)
- Godolphin Arabian, an 18th century racehorse owned by Francis Godolphin, 2nd Earl of Godolphin
- Godolphin Cross, a village in southwest Britain
- Godolphin Estate, a National Trust property situated in Godolphin Cross, United Kingdom
- Godolphin Ministry, the ministry of Sidney Godolphin, 1st Earl of Godolphin
- Godolphin Racing, a thoroughbred racing stable
- Godolphin School, an independent boarding school for girls in Salisbury, Wilts, United Kingdom
Other articles related to "godolphin, godolphins":
... Godolphin Cross (Cornish Krows Hirlan) is a village in the former Kerrier District of west Cornwall, United Kingdom ... Godolphin Cross is on an upland area, part of a geological formation known as the Tregonning-Godolphin Granite ... One mile west of the village, Godolphin Hill rises to 162 metres (531 ft) ...
... Godolphin was the second son of Sir William Godolphin (died 1613) of Godolphin, Cornwall, by his wife, Thomasin, and was baptised on 15 January 1610 ... Godolphin was elected again as MP for Helston to the Short Parliament in March 1640, and to the Long Parliament in October 1640 ... Their declaration signed by Godolphin is in ‘Lismore Papers’ ...
... She was the granddaughter of Sir Sidney Godolphin, 1st Earl of Godolphin and the granddaughter of John Churchill, 1st Duke of Marlborough ... her marriage she was known as Lady Harriet Godolphin ...
... An early governor of Scilly was Thomas Godolphin, whose son Francis received a lease on the Isles in 1568 ... They were styled Governors of Scilly and the Godolphins and their Osborne relatives held this position until 1834. 1568–1608 Sir Francis Godolphin (1540–1608) 1608–1613 Sir William Godolphin of Godolphin (1567–1613) 1613–1636 William Godolphin (1611–1636) 1636–1643 Sidney Godolphin (1610–1643) 1643–16 ...
Famous quotes containing the word godolphin:
“Lord, when the wise men came from far,
Led to thy cradle by a star,
Then did the shepherds too rejoice,
Instructed by thy angels voice.
Blest were the wise men in their skill,
And shepherds in their harmless will.”
—Sidney Godolphin (16101693)