Communities and Locations in Glen
- Auries Creek – A tributary of the Mohawk in the central part of Glen. The name is derived from a native who lived in the area.
- Auriesville – A hamlet on the Mohawk River in the northeast part of the town, on NY-5S. A Jesuit missionary was allegedly killed there by local natives.
- Fultonville – The Village of Fultonville is in the north part of the town next to the Mohawk River at NY-5S and NY-30A.
- Glen – The hamlet of Glen is in the center of the town on NY-30A. The community was originally called "Vorheesville" and "Five Corners." The Glen Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2001.
- Square Barn Corners – A location between Fultonville and Glen village on NY-30A.
- Stone Ridge – A hamlet on the west town line, on the Mohawk River and NY-5S.
- Van Wie Creek – A tributary of the Mohawk in the northwest part of Glen.
Read more about this topic: Glen, New York
Famous quotes containing the word communities:
“I am convinced, that if all men were to live as simply as I then did, thieving and robbery would be unknown. These take place only in communities where some have got more than is sufficient while others have not enough.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)