Gerard Bros. Ltd. was a manufacturer of personal healthcare products. The company was founded in 1897, and Mr Thomas B. Gerard was voted its first chairman. The company established a factory in Wilkinson Street, New Basford, Nottingham. The factory was built on a 14-acre (57,000 m2) site and pumped water from the River Leen. In 1921 the factory was severely damaged by fire, but the subsequent rebuild afforded the opportunity to expand the factory.
In 1955 the company was acquired by Cussons Sons & Co., chaired by Leslie Cussons makers of the famous brand Cussons Imperial Leather soap. After the acquisition Cussons kept the Gerard Bros. factory in use.
In 1975 Cussons Sons & Co. were themselves acquired by Paterson Zochonis (recently renamed to PZ Cussons). In 2005 PZ Cussons finally closed the old Gerard Bros. factory, and manufacturing was moved to Pathumthani, Thailand.
Read more about Gerard Bros.: Brands