Gaydon

Gaydon is a parish and village in Warwickshire, England, close to Leamington Spa. In the 2001 census, the parish had a population of 376.

The village is at the junction of the B4100 (former A41) and B4451 roads, a mile from Junction 12 of the M40 motorway, and is two miles north-east of Kineton.

Read more about Gaydon:  Motor Industry, Film Archive, Gaydon Village

Other articles related to "gaydon":

Aston Martin - History - 2007—a New Era Begins
... UK production is now concentrated at Gaydon on the former RAF V-bomber airfield ... and success of the company is based upon Gaydon as the focal point and heart of the business, with the design and engineering of all Aston Martin products continuing to be carried out there." The first four-door ... it was announced that production of the Rapide would be moved to the company's factory in Gaydon, production will begin in the second half of 2012 and will see all of the current Aston ...
Gaydon Village
... Gaydon parish is crossed by only two roads of any importance—the Kineton-Southam road, which runs in a north-easterly direction, and the Warwick and Banbury road which ... The Gaydon Inn stands close to the point of intersection of the two roads, and the main part of the village of Gaydon is disposed along a short loop south of the junction ... The Gaydon Inn was famous in the 18th century for its association with violent highwaymen ...
Lighthorne Heath
... life in the 1950s, situated to the north of RAF Gaydon it housed the married airmen and officers (those unmarried lived in barracks) ... Before that time the site was just farmland between Gaydon and Lighthorne with a few isolated buildings ... This evolved into the Gaydon centre (where Land Rover has its headquarters) and the Heritage Motor Centre, a museum of many British cars ...
RAF Gaydon - Post Second World War - V-bomber Use
... and dispersals being constructed like an Operational Readiness Platform and the Gaydon type hangar which was large enough to service the new V-bombers which were coming into service ... RAF Gaydon re-opened on 1 March 1954 before the first operational squadron (No ... All Victor I crews trained at RAF Gaydon alongside the crews of the Valiants ...
RAF Gaydon
... Royal Air Force station Gaydon or more simply RAF Gaydon is a former Royal Air Force station located 5.2 miles (8.4 km) east of Wellesbourne, Warwickshire and 10.8 miles (17.4 ... RAF Gaydon opened in 1942 and is known for its role during the Cold War, when it was under the control of RAF Bomber Command as it was the first Royal Air Force (RAF ... and factory of automobile manufacturer Aston Martin, and the Jaguar Land Rover Gaydon Centre ...