- Gauge (instrument), any of a variety of measuring instruments
- For gauges on a car dashboard, see Dashboard items
- Gauge blocks, metal blocks of precisely known length, used in measuring
- Gauge (bore diameter), the diameter of a shotgun barrel
- Wire gauge, a measurement of the cross-sectional area of a wire
- American wire gauge, a measurement of diameter of a wire
- Stubs Iron Wire Gauge, which corresponds to the diameter of a hypodermic needle
- See also Category:Wire gauges
- Unit of thickness used for thin plastics; 1 gauge = 1/100 mil = 1/100,000 inch = 25.4/100000 millimetre = 0.254 micrometre
- Sheet metal gauge, thickness of metal in sheet form
- Sight glass or water gauge for measuring liquid level heights in storage tanks and pressure vessels
- Boost gauge, a gauge used in conjunction with turbo-super-chargers
- Pressure gauge or vacuum gauge (see pressure measurement)
- Stream gauge for measuring height and discharge of a river or stream
- The size of wire used in making jewelry: see Jewelry wire gauge
- The thickness of body jewelry, regardless of material: see Body jewelry sizes
- Film gauge, a physical property of film stock which defines its size
- ANOVA gauge R&R, a statistical tool to measure variation arising from the measurement device and its operators
- Air core gauge, a type of rotary actuator often used in automotive instruments
- Needle gauge for comparing outer diameter of medical needles
Read more about this topic: Gauge
Other articles related to "measurement, measurements, in measurement":
... In quantum mechanics, a measurement is an action that determines the location of an object, its momentum, its polarity (if it is a photon), etc ... Before a measurement is made, the wavefunction of what is to be measured gives the range of probabilities for the outcomes of measurement, but when a measurement is ... The unambiguous meaning of the measurement problem is an unresolved fundamental problem in quantum mechanics ...
... interior of an object from external capacitance measurements ... Potential applications include the measurement of flow of fluids in pipes and measurement of the concentration of one fluid in another, or the distribution of a solid in a fluid ... methods were in widespread use the idea of using capacitance measurement to form images is attributed to Maurice Beck and co-workers at UMIST in the 1980s ...
... Inch as a measurement of rain, measured by a rain gauge Inch of mercury, unit of pressure Inch of water, unit of pressure Scottish inch, Scottish unit of measurement Column inch, unit of publication measurement ...
... to "rid a correlation coefficient from the weakening effect of measurement error" (Jensen, 1998), a phenomenon also known as regression dilution ... In measurement and statistics, it is also called disattenuation ... between two sets of parameters or measurements is estimated in a manner that accounts for measurement error contained within the estimates of those parameters ...
Famous quotes containing the word measurement:
“Thats the great danger of sectarian opinions, they always accept the formulas of past events as useful for the measurement of future events and they never are, if you have high standards of accuracy.”
—John Dos Passos (18961970)