Free Zone may refer to:
- Free economic zone, designated areas in which companies are taxed very lightly or not at all in order to encourage economic activity
- Free trade zone, an area in which goods may be landed, handled, manufactured or reconfigured, and reexported without the intervention of customs authorities
- The Zone libre, the part of France during World War II to remain unoccupied by foreign troops under the June 1940 armistice between France and Germany
- Free Zone (region), a region of Western Sahara, a disputed territory in Morocco
- Free Zone (Scientology), a colloquial term for various groups and individuals who practice Scientology beliefs and techniques independently of the Church of Scientology and without official sanction by church authorities
- Free Zone (film), a 2005 film directed by Amos Gitai
Freezone may refer to:
- Salicylic acid, by trade name Freezone
Other articles related to "free zone, free, free zones":
... Port Klang Free Zone (PKFZ) is a 1,000-acre (4.0 km2) regional industrial park located in Malaysia ... The PKFZ was previously managed by Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA) ... exemptions on most products and services, subsidies, allowing wholly foreign owned enterprises, free repatriation of capital and profits and incentives for research and ...
... Today, the Colón Free Zone receives over 250,000 visitors a year and is home to 1,751 companies ... billion in 2005, which are able to harness the services and facilities offered by the free zone for importing, storing, assembling, repacking and re-exporting products from all over the world—from ... The Colón Free Zone is an important transshipped supplier of goods to other free zones such as Hong Kong (China), Taiwan, the United States, Japan, Korea, France, Mexico, Italy, Switzerland, United Kingdom ...
... port after a study found that its coastal area had a harbor with deep anchorage, free from dangers and very suitable for wharves ... Port Klang has its own free zone, called Port Klang Free Zone (PKFZ) ... The project is similar to Dubai's Jebel Ali Free Zone, which previously PKFZ is managed by Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA) ...
... Iraq, they provided refueling bases to allied forces in the Jebel Ali free zone as they did during the Persian Gulf War ... The success of the Jebel Ali free zone caused the development of clusters of new free zones, including Dubai Internet City, an internet technology ...
Famous quotes containing the words zone and/or free:
“Just like those other black holes from outer space, Hollywood is postmodern to this extent: it has no center, only a spreading dead zone of exhaustion, inertia, and brilliant decay.”
—Arthur Kroker (b. 1945)
“He who is upright in his way of life and free from sin.”
—Horace [Quintus Horatius Flaccus] (658 B.C.)