Francis Russell may refer to:
- Francis Russell (author) (1910–1989), American author
- Francis Russell, 2nd Earl of Bedford (c. 1527–1585), English nobleman, soldier and politician
- Francis Russell (MP for Northumberland) (died 1585), MP for Northumberland (UK Parliament constituency), son of the above
- Francis Russell, 4th Earl of Bedford (1593–1641), English politician
- Sir Francis Russell, 2nd Baronet, of Chippenham (c. 1616–1664), Member of Parliament and a soldier for the parliamentary cause during the English Civil War
- Sir Francis Russell, 2nd Baronet, of Wytley (c. 1638–1705), Member of Parliament for Tewkesbury, 1673–1690
- Francis Russell, Marquess of Tavistock (1739–1767), British politician and eldest son of the 4th Duke of Bedford
- Francis Russell, 5th Duke of Bedford (1765–1802), English aristocrat and Whig politician
- Francis Russell, 7th Duke of Bedford (1788–1861), British peer and Whig politician
- Francis Russell, 9th Duke of Bedford (1819–1891), English politician and agriculturalist
- Francis Shirley Russell, British cavalry Major-General and Member of Parliament for Cheltenham, 1895–1900
- Francis William Russell, Member of the UK Parliament for Limerick City
- Francis Albert Rollo Russell, son of John Russell, 1st Earl Russell and first person to be born to a sitting British Prime Minister
Other articles related to "russell, francis russell":
... Sir John Russell, knight of the Household of King John, died 1224 Sir Ralph Russell, knight of the Household of King Henry III of England, born 1204 Sir William Russell, feudal Baron of North ... for Melcombe in 1340, died after 1380 Stephen Russell or Gascon, first well-known ancestor, 1380–1438, M.P ... Sir Henry Russell, died in 1464, landowner and merchant, married Elizabeth Herring, M.P ...
... to Houghton and so sold the house to John Russell, 4th Duke of Bedford in 1738, whose principal seat was Woburn Abbey, less than seven miles from Houghton ... The 4th Duke was predeceased by his sons (the 4th Duke's son and heir, Francis Russell, Marquess of Tavistock died when he fell from a horse whilst hunting ... In 1794, Francis Russell, 5th Duke of Bedford stripped Houghton House of its furnishings and removed the roof ...
... Russell was the posthumous child of Francis Russell, Marquess of Tavistock, eldest son of John Russell, 4th Duke of Bedford ... He was the youngest brother of Francis Russell, 5th Duke of Bedford, and John Russell, 6th Duke of Bedford, and uncle of Francis Russell, 7th Duke of Bedford ... Russell married Lady Charlotte Villiers, eldest daughter of George Bussy Villiers, 4th Earl of Jersey, on 11 July 1789 they had seven children ...
Famous quotes containing the words russell and/or francis:
“Let us be of good cheer, however, remembering that the misfortunes hardest to bear are those which never come.”
—James Russell Lowell (18191891)
“The damned are in the abyss of Hell, as within a woeful city, where they suffer unspeakable torments, in all their senses and members, because as they have employed all their senses and their members in sinning, so shall they suffer in each of them the punishment due to sin.”
—St. Francis De Sales (15671622)