Flint East is an automobile component production complex owned by Delphi Corporation in Flint, Michigan. The complex, parts of which are about 100 years old, is located on Dort Highway, stretching along Robert T. Longway Boulevard past Center Road. The plant has produced numerous automotive components, including instrument panels, instrument clusters, spark plugs, filters, air meters, fuel pumps and other parts. Flint East once employed nearly 14,000 people, but as of 2007, was down to about 1,100 hourly workers.
Delphi's Flint Technical Center is also located on the site. In March 2007, it was announced that the company's technical centers, including Flint, would be consolidated to a single facility in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
Hourly workers at the plant are represented by UAW Local 651.
Other articles related to "flint east, flint":
... In 1921, Champion founded the Flint Faience Tile Company in a building adjacent to the Harriet Street factory, firing decorative tiles in the same kilns as spark plugs ... expanded its operations to the former Dort Motor complex, Flint Faience moved to a new building there ...
... Dort Highway plant and division HQ/Delphi Flint East This plant manufactured spark plugs, air, oil and fuel filters, instrument clusters and other parts ... The Dort Highway plant became known as Flint East when AC took over the old Chevrolet manufacturing operations on Chevrolet Avenue in 1987 ... World headquarters remained in Flint, soon moving to the Great Lakes Technology Center ...
Famous quotes containing the words east and/or flint:
“Biography is a very definite region bounded on the north by history, on the south by fiction, on the east by obituary, and on the west by tedium.”
—Philip Guedalla (18891944)
“He believes without reservation that Kentucky is the garden spot of the world, and is ready to dispute with anyone who questions his claim. In his enthusiasm for his State he compares with the Methodist preacher whom Timothy Flint heard tell a congregation that Heaven is a Kentucky of a place.”
—For the State of Kentucky, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)