School Academic Awards
- The Fishers High School Spellbowl team placed 4th in the state of Indiana after the Indiana Academic Spellbowl State Championship on November 10, 2007.
- The Fishers High School Destination Imagination team placed second at Destination Imagination's Regional Tournament in the Switching TraDItions improvisational competition, moving them on to the state competition in InDIana, it then placed fourth overall at State.
- The Fishers High School Quiz Bowl team was a finalist at the National Academic Championships Tournament and became runner-up at the Cardinal Quiz Bowl Tournament in 2007. They won the Cardinal Quiz Bowl Tournament in 2008 and placed third at the White River Academic League Tournament.
- Fishers High School's student created assignment notebook was placed in a statewide competition, and made it to the top 8 in the state of Indiana. The assignment notebook was designed by Senior Ross Shafer.
- The Fishers High School We the People team placed 4th at state after receiving a wild card to state in its first year
- The Fishers High School all girls advanced show choir, Silver Sound, Placed first in the Lawrence Show Choir Competition in 2010.
- The Fishers High School show choir, Silver Streak, placed first at the Mooresville High School Invitational in February 2009.
- The Speech Team placed first at sectionals in 2009, as well as sending 9 participants to Nationals in Birmingham, Alabama.
Read more about this topic: Fishers High School
Famous quotes containing the words school and/or academic:
“Specialization is a feature of every complex organization, be it social or natural, a school system, garden, book, or mammalian body.”
—Catharine R. Stimpson (b. 1936)
“Short of a wholesale reform of college athleticsa complete breakdown of the whole system that is now focused on money and powerthe womens programs are just as doomed as the mens are to move further and further away from the academic mission of their colleges.... We have to decide if thats the kind of success for womens sports that we want.”
—Christine H. B. Grant, U.S. university athletic director. As quoted in the Chronicle of Higher Education, p. A42 (May 12, 1993)