Feminist Therapists' Responsibilities
- Feminist therapists must integrate feminist analysis in all spheres of their work.
- Feminist therapists must recognize the client’s socioeconomic and political circumstances, especially with issues in access to mental health care.
- Feminist therapists must be actively involved in ending oppression, empowering women and girls, respecting differences, and social change.
- Feminist therapists must be aware of their own situated experience (their own socioeconomic and political situations as well as sex, gender, race, sexuality, etc.) and is constantly self-evaluating and remedying their own biases and oppressive actions. As well as must be learning about other dominant and non-dominant cultural and ethnic experiences.
- A feminist therapist must accept and validate their client’s experiences and feelings.
Read more about this topic: Feminist Therapy
Famous quotes containing the word feminist:
“A good partand definitely the most fun partof being a feminist is about frightening men.”
—Julie Burchill (b. 1960)
Main Site Subjects