Languages and Dialects
The Fazilians have ethnic groups hailing from Southern Punjab, Rajasthan, Malwa, and Sahiwal with their own specific dialects. The major dialects include the following:
- Sahiwali and Lehndi, spoken by Rai Sikhs, Kambojas and migrants from Sahiwal (Pakistan)
- Mahajani, spoken by migrants from deep Sindh and Southern Punjab
- Malwai, spoken by settlers from the erstwhile Faridkot state
- Bagri, spoken by settlers from Rajasthan
- Rajasthani, spoken by business families from Bikaner and Alwar region
- Theth Punjabi, spoken by migrants from Majha and Doaba
Read more about this topic: Fazilka
Other articles related to "languages and dialects, dialects, languages, language, dialect":
1984) in classification North-Central (dialects Northern, Darood, Lower Juba) Benaadir Northern (Abgaal, Ajuraan, Gaaljacal) Southern (Xamari, Bimaal) Ashraaf (Shingaani, Lower Shebelle) Maay = Jabarti (Northern ... Whether this differentiation is in the nature of a code or these represent distinct languages remains unknown." ...
... Languages of the Philippines - Languages spoken are products of migration of natives from different provinces of Visayas island, Mindanao island and some few in Luzon island ... National Language - Tagalog (Vernacular language of the country) ... Regional Language - Cebuano (Visayas Island language) ...
... Obviously, the official language is Italian ... There is, however, the local Albanense dialect, which differs from neighboring dialects Ariccia (ariccino dialect), Castel Gandolfo and Marino (Marino dialect) ... The predominance of the vowel "or" against "u" that characterizes most dialects spoken in the surrounding towns differs with Albanense ...
Famous quotes containing the word languages:
“I am always sorry when any language is lost, because languages are the pedigree of nations.”
—Samuel Johnson (17091784)